Computer Generated Flying Scotsman Model

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

The Bryster
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Computer Generated Flying Scotsman Model

Post by The Bryster »

Hi !
I'm currently making a model of the Flying Scotsman on my computer. To my knowledge this has never been attempted before and is something of a challenge to me by my peers on the 3D Art/Modeling website at Renderosity.com - The Bryce Forum.

(Interested parties might like to visit the thread "The Flying Scotsman Project" www.renderosity.com/bryce forum)

The reason I'm here is because I'm looking for detailed photos of the Driver's Cab, controls and valves ect. I would dearly love to hear from anyone who might have such material so that I can get as much detail into this model as I can.

I've searched for months to find photos of this nature but have yet only discovered a very small number, four in fact.

I would be very pleased to answer questions on this project, which has been running since September 2006, and you can contact me either here or at CShaftoe@aol.com

I've included views of my model as it is at the moment for those who might be interested. Thank you for reading this.
Attachments
Locomotive 46a.jpg
(188.78 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
Pistonblaock forum.jpg
(155.96 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
Frazmataz
NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

Post by Frazmataz »

Nice! Great detailing on this :D

No idea about the cab, sorry. My advice would be to find a picture of the cab from Microsoft Train simulator, which seems to be quite accurate. Be wary that the Speedometer shown in the game was not a feature of the Scotsman during the 20s, but was put there to help out the gamer while driving in cab view.
The user formerly known as Bass.
The Bryster
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by The Bryster »

Bass:
Thank you for your reply.

Sadly, and with the greatest respect, I think the MS Simulator is nothing at all like the real thing, although I have only seen a couple of screenshots.

My model however, needs to be as close to the real thing as possible.

I do though, appreciate your comments on my work. If there is enough interest I'll post updates to this page whenever I can.
Attachments
water level gauge.jpg
(142.1 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
x568wcn
GNR C1 4-4-2

Post by x568wcn »

I sent him Mallards cab coz as I said an a4 is a streamlined A3, can anyone confirm the similarities of these?
By Mark t
(now known as silver fox)
www.yorksteam.co.uk