My A4 War Time Black .

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

DonnyRailMan
LNER N2 0-6-2T

My A4 War Time Black .

Post by DonnyRailMan »

My war time black A4 Peregrine 4903 I have had for three year now. Peregrine started life as Mallard
Hornby locomotive R2784x.
Attachments
MY A4 WARTIME BLACK..jpg
DonnyRailMan Instagram @severncrescentrailway
Graeme Leary
GNR C1 4-4-2

Re: My A4 War Time Black .

Post by Graeme Leary »

What a coincidence. I did exactly the same about 3 years ago, converting a 'previous' Mallard to Peregrine with just the N E as you have. About to do the same with all 4 L N E R initials also on Wartime Black from a model previously (Green with full black smokebox repainted 'Sea Eagle' (but will be rechecking with the Green book that I have a correct name as I understand that maybe not all A4s had LNER in Wartime Black).
Graeme Leary
DonnyRailMan
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Re: My A4 War Time Black .

Post by DonnyRailMan »

Graeme Leary wrote:What a coincidence. I did exactly the same about 3 years ago, converting a 'previous' Mallard to Peregrine with just the N E as you have. About to do the same with all 4 L N E R initials also on Wartime Black from a model previously (Green with full black smokebox repainted 'Sea Eagle' (but will be rechecking with the Green book that I have a correct name as I understand that maybe not all A4s had LNER in Wartime Black).
Graeme Leary
Gorden Bennett that is a bit spooooooky mate.
DonnyRailMan Instagram @severncrescentrailway