Mainly Trains

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Mainly Trains

Post by manna »

G'day Gents

Just been on the Mainly Trains web site, It had a message in red, stating 'Trading suspended, not taking orders' although you can still look through the catalogue/web site.

manna
EDGWARE GN, Steam in the Suburbs.
earlswood nob
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Mainly Trains

Post by earlswood nob »

Good morning all

The Mainly Trains website has been like that for ten days.

Being selfish, I hope we don't lose the supply of brake shoes and detailing parts.

Earlswood nob
Hatfield Shed
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Hatfield Shed »

The intent to wind down was announced some years ago. It's definitely not hanging around forever.
Woodcock29
LNER Thompson B1 4-6-0 'Antelope'

Post by Woodcock29 »

Yes Dave Cleal did announce that quite some time ago and I think we need to be thankful he has continued as long as he has. To those of us 'Down Under' he provided a magnificent one shop one stop service for so many years. I started to purchase from him about 1980 but unfortunately I never got to met him in person although my father did visit him at both Chandlers Ford and later at Watchet on trips back to the UK.

Woodcock29
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'day Gents

I did know that Dave was slowly shutting up shop, but it always seems to be a shock when things like that happen, I was a regular visitor to his shop in Chandlers Ford, back in the 80's, bought two tender drive B17's from him, that I still have, and still work very well, the great thing about Dave's shop is that you can order everything online and pay for it in one go, not like so many model rail companies, where you have to ring or write, to pay for the items.

Sorry to see you go Dave.

manna
EDGWARE GN, Steam in the Suburbs.