Theft at EM show

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

52D
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Theft at EM show

Post by 52D »

Sorry for not having the full details but it is reported on the other side as well as social media that a couple of locos were stolen at the EM show this weekend. main interest for this site is a High Level GER coffee pot. Please post more details if you have them.

George 52D :oops: :evil:
Hi interested in the area served by 52D. also researching colliery wagonways from same area.
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Theft at EM show

Post by mick b »

More detail.
From RMWeb, there was a sticky fingered scrote or two at ExpoEM North. Here's a quote from the proprietor of High Level Kits:-
"I would appreciate it if you could keep your eyes open for my GER Coffee Pot 0-4-0 which was nicked from my stand at Expo EM North on Sunday 18th Sept.
The model was built from one of my kits and to anyone who knows anything about models it would be fairly easily recognisable - it’s a fully etched kit with every conceivable detail. I’ve haven’t sold a lot of them and even fewer will have been built so it’ll be pretty rare. It was built to P4 gauge, numbered 227 and even the GER decals weren’t that easy to get hold of so, considering all the above, it might be the only one like that in existence.
If this was stolen to order, or by an enthusiast, then they’re going to have to keep this model out of sight of any other P4 or EM modellers. The thief also stole the identification card from the stand which, at first I thought this was some sort of sick way of twisting the knife, but now wonder if it might be because were an opportunist, with no idea of what it actually was and so took the card so they could quote it when moving the model on. For this reason, I would think internet selling places like EBay might be where it‘ll end up.
On the same day a 'Flat Iron' loco in EM gauge was also stolen from a layout. Like my Y5, this had great sentimental value to its owner and was irreplaceable. If the two engines are offered together then it’ll be a dead giveaway...
So please, spread the word and keep your eyes peeled. The Police have been informed, but if you know anything contact me at chris@highlevelkits.co.uk. "
There was also a Cotswold L&Y saddle tank kit stolen at the same event. Disgusting.
52D
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 52D »

Cheers Mick i only had bare details.
Hi interested in the area served by 52D. also researching colliery wagonways from same area.
D2100
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Post by D2100 »

mick b wrote:There was also a Cotswold L&Y saddle tank kit stolen at the same event.
For the sake of a correct record: only two models are on the missing list, the Midland Flatiron and the Coffeepot.

The Cotswold kit had been on the members' sales stand and had been legitimately sold, but an unfortunate glitch in the record keeping led to its owner and his mate jumping to the premature conclusion that it had been part of the same activity.
Ian Fleming

Now active on Facebook at 'The Clearing House'