Missenden this weekend

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

All thumbs
H&BR Q10 0-8-0

Missenden this weekend

Post by All thumbs »

The pile of unstarted whitemetal loco kits is not getting any smaller so I have signed up to attend the loco construction course at this weekend's gathering at Missenden Abbey. I don't live far away so am going on a day attendance basis - is anyone else on this Forum going?

I have a Little Engines N1 (bought years ago) that I want to get going with. If I take a digital camera then maybe it's time to get a workbench going... :shock:
Be gentle! Returning to the hobby after more than 20 years away...
earlswood nob
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Missenden this weekend

Post by earlswood nob »

Good morning all

Good luck with your N1, and I hope you enjoy building it.

I have enjoyed building Little Engines kits and I was sorry to see them cease trading. I am surprised that no one took over the moulds and masters, as they were good kits in their day.

I have built the T1, A7, A6, and N1. I still have the D10 to build.

I fitted a Mashima 1024 with High Level Roadrunner Plus gearbox into the N1.

The only thing I didn't like was the trailing truck, as it occasionally derailed when reversing through points. I have thought of making a chassis extension and fitting an axle with plenty of sideplay that is only allowed to move vertically. However, that modification is in the roundtuit file.

Earlswood nob