Haymarket Cross

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

silverlink
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

Haymarket Cross

Post by silverlink »

Hi all,
I just wanted to let you know that I have after six years of exhibitions finally retired my 'Haymarket Cross' layout. The layout has been purchased by a friend who intends to carry on using it but in a different guise (80's diesels) and I myself have moved over to '0' gauge where I am building a new exhibition layout.
Over the years I've been lucky enough to visit some great shows and meet some wonderful people (and some not so wonderful) and had the layout featured in the main model railway magazines.
I'd like to thank all those who have supported me and in particular my operating team for all their help in keeping it running.
As I'm moving over to '0' gauge I've decided to sell my collection of '00' locos and rolling stock 99% of which is East Coast stock including A1, A2, A3, A4, V2, B1, K1, K3, WD, 9F, Standard Class 3 Tanks, 01, 04, D16, Deltics, Class40, Class 37, Class 27, Class 23, Class 15, Class 08 All but 08 no yellow ends. Most are DCC and a few sound. Lots of above featured in Railway Modeller when I did articles on sound fitting/adding extra pickups etc.
Anyone wanting more info on any of the above can email me on silverlink60014athotmail.com (substitute @ for at)
Many thanks
Ian H
STAFFORDA4
NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

Re: Haymarket Cross

Post by STAFFORDA4 »

Just a word of thanks Ian, for dragging yourself and the layout around for our pleasure. I for one found it most inspiring. Good luck in your next venture