Roco displays preproduction model of the HO scale S160

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Nova
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

Roco displays preproduction model of the HO scale S160

Post by Nova »

http://www.roco.cc/de/news/items/Vorser ... index.html

I know it's not strictly LNER, but they were used extensively on the LNER in the run up to D-Day, so I believe this model deserves some level of recognition. I also believe that a model that's half a mil' out of scale is better than no model at all.

because in-built browser translation is only so accurate, I've interpreted it as follows:

The Roco S160 "rattlesnake" is in the final stages of production, with the pre-production sample having arrived in our Austrian plant in Gloggnitz only a few weeks ago for evaluation.

Roco's project manager and staff were present to examine the model for any defects or inaccuracies. After 3 days, several models were put under tests such as pulling power on both level and a variety of gradients as well as the durability of the models

As a result of these tests small improvements have been to the toolings, which cover a variety of different countries and variants. In a few weeks, the first parts will begin leaving the factory for assembly. Once this begins, we will bring you further news
from what can gather the model is actually tender drive, essentially driven like a model of a diesel loco...with traction tires :? we'll see how this affects the performance of it.

models being produced are S160 USATC (Austria zone), USATC, Italian National Railways class 736 and Chinese State Railway class KD6, with options of DC analogue (€369.00), DC DCC sound (€444.00) and AC DCC sound (€444.00).

I for one am extremely exited to see how this model progresses over the coming weeks and I may even be tempted to get one with sound, I just hope it's worth the £376.50 price tag
Coalby and Marblethorpe, my vision of an un-nationalised Great Britain in the 50s and 60s: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11905

36C Studeos, kits in 4MM scale: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11947