Christmas

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

giner
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Christmas

Post by giner »

Merry Christmas everyone from what feels like the North Pole sometimes. :)
strang steel
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by strang steel »

A belated Merry Christmas from me.

My excuse is that I am having keyboard problems with certain keys having no effect, and one being part of my security password.
John. My spotting log website is now at https://spottinglogs.co.uk/spotting-rec ... s-70s-80s/
Nova
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

Post by Nova »

strang steel wrote:A belated Merry Christmas from me.

My excuse is that I am having keyboard problems with certain keys having no effect, and one being part of my security password.
I've had the exact same problem would you believe, funnily enough the QWERTY keys no longer work for me. So I'm having to rely on an onscreen keyboard and my mouse.
Coalby and Marblethorpe, my vision of an un-nationalised Great Britain in the 50s and 60s: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11905

36C Studeos, kits in 4MM scale: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11947
drmditch

Post by drmditch »

Nova wrote:

I've had the exact same problem would you believe, funnily enough the QWERTY keys no longer work for me. So I'm having to rely on an onscreen keyboard and my mouse.
Perhaps LMS practice is required - scrap and replace!
Nova

Post by Nova »

drmditch wrote:Perhaps LMS practice is required - scrap and replace!
I will start looking for one when finances for it become available, though by that point I probably will have gone like Thompson and rebuilt it :lol:
Coalby and Marblethorpe, my vision of an un-nationalised Great Britain in the 50s and 60s: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11905

Dave S
GNSR D40 4-4-0

Post by Dave S »

drmditch wrote:
Nova wrote:

Perhaps LMS practice is required - scrap and replace!
Whereas the Midland would have 2 smaller keyboards running side by side.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Must admit guy's i've got a liking for those red & black locos with the Belpaire fireboxes & tapered boilers.

Possibly Richard may press the delete button again??. :wink:

Mickey, living the railway dream 24/7/365...
Nova

Post by Nova »

Mickey wrote:Must admit guy's i've got a liking for those red & black locos with the Belpaire fireboxes & tapered boilers.

Flagged for filthy heratical nonsense :P :wink:

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Nova wrote:
Mickey wrote:Must admit guy's i've got a liking for those red & black locos with the Belpaire fireboxes & tapered boilers.

Flagged for filthy heratical nonsense :P :wink:
Hey guy's i'm LNER honest but I really like those red & black locos with the Belpaire fireboxes & tapered boilers plus the green locos with copper capped chimneys, Belpaire fireboxes & tapered boilers as well. :wink:

Nova

Post by Nova »

Mickey wrote:
Hey guy's i'm LNER honest but I really like those red & black locos with the Belpaire fireboxes & tapered boilers plus the green locos with copper capped chimneys, Belpaire fireboxes & tapered boilers as well. :wink:

really I'm in no position to accuse you of heresy when I'll be anglicising one (or five) of these and running them on a private-owned portion of my layout
say what you will, but a 70ton locomotive with more tractive effort than a 9f would make one hellfire Wath banker

actually...that gives me an idea...Gresley did like 3 cylinder locomotives after all

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

That's one ugly loco Nova. :wink:

strang steel
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by strang steel »

Nova wrote:

Yes, ditto.

I did manage to change my password to use the keys which actually still work.

But typing every letter using a trackpad and onscreen keyboard is very time consuming.
John. My spotting log website is now at https://spottinglogs.co.uk/spotting-rec ... s-70s-80s/
Nova

Post by Nova »

Mickey wrote:That's one ugly loco Nova. :wink:

ugly in a lovable sort of way, despite their ugliness they have quite a few enthusiasts who love them, mostly in the US but I'm one of the few in the UK that knows of them, let alone likes them

richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

A Shay was actually exported to the UK - there was something in GOG a year or so ago. Someone built a model. No photos exist but basic parameters from the order book are known, so it is possible to create a plausible model even if exact features and anglicisations may be unknown.

A quick google search comes up with the Bilston Shay:

http://www.irsociety.co.uk/Archives/23/Shay.htm

I'll have to admit liking them - did see them in action on the Georgetown Loop (Colorado) on my honeymoon :-)
Now that is some steep track!
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia