A little bit of fun: how to get lynched at exhibitions

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Nova
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

A little bit of fun: how to get lynched at exhibitions

Post by Nova »

idea shamefully stolen from RMWeb, but as I don't have an account with the dark side I thought I'd post my suggestions here. plus it's always nice to have a bit of a laugh every now and again. :lol:

1. run a layout set in an alternative history where nationalisation never happened... *whistles innocently*

2. Operate a layout dressed up in my clothes usually reserved for attending heavy metal concerts: Military boots, camo-trousers, [band] t-shirt and patch jacket ...though knowing my luck I'd probably encounter some purist criticising my specific tastes in metal as well as the layout :?
Coalby and Marblethorpe, my vision of an un-nationalised Great Britain in the 50s and 60s: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11905

36C Studeos, kits in 4MM scale: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11947
Mercator II
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Re: A little bit of fun: how to get lynched at exhibitions

Post by Mercator II »

Well if your free next month for a trip south of the county to Boston, I will cover both of those

My Layout 'Castle Abbeydale' will be attending a charity one day model event (not just railway) and its a never was GC type heritage line. As a one day it will be just LNER running with a few additions and 'never wazzers'

And as Mr King will testify, I am normally in heavy metal t-shirts when attending, so will no doubt be sporting Maiden, Metallica, Within Temptation or what ever is top of the pile!! Also my brother usually sports something and he's still got that aging rocker look!!

Feel free to say hi

Hubberts Bridge Village Hall
Sunday Feb 19th
Al proceeds to Lincolnshire & Nottinghamshire Air Ambulance
oOo

Brian

Garage Hobbit!!
Modelling in 00 on my heritage line, very GCR inspired
Nova

Post by Nova »

Mercator II wrote:Well if your free next month for a trip south of the county to Boston, I will cover both of those

My Layout 'Castle Abbeydale' will be attending a charity one day model event (not just railway) and its a never was GC type heritage line. As a one day it will be just LNER running with a few additions and 'never wazzers'

And as Mr King will testify, I am normally in heavy metal t-shirts when attending, so will no doubt be sporting Maiden, Metallica, Within Temptation or what ever is top of the pile!! Also my brother usually sports something and he's still got that aging rocker look!!

Feel free to say hi

Sunday Feb 19th
you had me at "never wazzers", I'll see if I can make my way there
Coalby and Marblethorpe, my vision of an un-nationalised Great Britain in the 50s and 60s: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11905

LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 65447 »

Nova wrote:idea shamefully stolen from RMWeb, but as I don't have an account with the dark side I thought I'd post my suggestions here. plus it's always nice to have a bit of a laugh every now and again. :lol:

1. run a layout set in an alternative history where nationalisation never happened... *whistles innocently*

2. Operate a layout dressed up in my clothes usually reserved for attending heavy metal concerts: Military boots, camo-trousers, [band] t-shirt and patch jacket ...though knowing my luck I'd probably encounter some purist criticising my specific tastes in metal as well as the layout :?
Nothing unusual about that - especially if you've not got rid of the BO :mrgreen:

Missed a trick by not carrying the large studded backpack accompanied by a massive camera bag/chunky camera with long lens attachment pushing into folks lugholes, accompanied by kidney punches.
Nova

Post by Nova »

65447 wrote: Nothing unusual about that - especially if you've not got rid of the BO :mrgreen:
if by BO you mean body odor then that'll be solved by strategically placed smoke generators with scented fluids of various flavours :lol:
http://www.megasteam.com/

Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

The trouble with those heavy, metal t-shirts is that they don't half rub, and all that weight proves very tiring..... :lol:
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
Nova

Post by Nova »

Atlantic 3279 wrote:The trouble with those heavy, metal t-shirts is that they don't half rub, and all that weight proves very tiring..... :lol:
well someone was bound to go there eventually :roll:

Hatfield Shed
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Hatfield Shed »

A certain prominent P4 group were 'not pleased' by the innocent question of why the sub-ten chain radius curve which was carrying a passenger service wasn't checkrailed.
Nova

Post by Nova »

Nova

Post by Nova »

Mercator II wrote:
Sunday Feb 19th
out of curiosity, what are the times for the show :?:

Mercator II
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by Mercator II »

For those on FB below is the page

https://m.facebook.com/944512995595832/ ... &source=44

If anyone has any models that they fancy bringing along, the last hour is anything goes play
oOo

Brian

Garage Hobbit!!
LNER J94 0-6-0ST Austerity

Post by 45568 »

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index. ... lway-show/

Been going on for 5 years 'over there', read it and weep! Cheers from Oz,
Peter C.
Graeme Leary
GNR C1 4-4-2

Post by Graeme Leary »

This might explain why, when my wife and I attended Warley a couple of years ago, we were amongst the crowds to enter she was convinced that we had picked the wrong building as, alongside us were numerous gentlemen (and gentlewomen) wearing leathers, interesting T shirts and many (most?) carrying some of the most brilliant tattoos we'd ever seen. We assumed there was a 'bikie' show on in another hall but perchance they were all headed in the same direction as us and were in fact docile railway modellers like we are!
Graeme Leary
New Zealand
Mercator II
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by Mercator II »

This weekend sees the Hubberts Bridge charity model show on Sunday, doors at 10am til 4pm

All proceeds go to the Air Ambulance

Plenty of parking this year as over flow is at the golf course opposite

I am attending with my layout 'Castle Abbeydale' in its first outing since rebuilding, and whilst its not as far ahead as I would like, its got plenty of movement and suprises for all LNER and BR(E) fans

Do come say hi if your attending, I cant be missed, located right opposite the doors in main hall, with me the one with short hair!!

Hope to see some of you there
oOo

Brian

Garage Hobbit!!
Nova

Post by Nova »

afraid I shan't be attending, My mother, who was my only means of getting down to boston, has been taken badly ill with some virus from Scandinavia, so I shall have to miss out