Hatton's sale

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Kestrel
NER C7 4-4-2

Hatton's sale

Post by Kestrel »

NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

Re: Hatton's sale

Post by 60526 »

If I could just move this topic on, must admit that I took the bait this time, I'd already got a Dave Alexander Baby Deltic so didn't previously buy the sale price Heljan model. I'd seen the Heljan 26 on TW's train set a while ago but decided not to buy anything for it just to sit on the shelf while I didn't have the layout, but having gone to the CMRA Stevenage exhibition and seen one of these Heljan 26's running, albeit in Scottish tablet form, for my GN outer suburban plan it had to be and D5300 turned up on the doorstep yesterday morning and can't say that I regret buying it. I didn't realise that all front pipework was already added, a good looking model and a very smooth runner, all I have got to do now is finish off my rake of 5 BR suburbans. Did they run with the Quads, seen photos of BabyD with them so expect that they did?
So I'll admit that the price had something to do with the purchase, but I'll go back to when B'mann first bought out the A1, after all the problems that came with it I decided not to dive in straight away, so an open question, do you still buy on first impulse because it is new? is price a problem because models are certainly not getting any cheaper? or do you wait until you get feedback on the model. I’m certainly in the latter category but I’m certainly now looking to get more out of the models I already have, for my plans I could have already bought the B1, B17, J15, D16, O1, O2, O4 and now the B12?
Dave S
GNSR D40 4-4-0

Post by Dave S »

I succumbed to one of the 26's too.

I've got a pic somewhere of one North of Hitchin on a Huntingdon/Peterborough stopper with a quad art, so that's all the justification I need.

It could be the Parly train that ran round at Sandy, with the engine returning light engine to Hitchin and stock used the following morning.

Quiet how it fits with all the pre-grouping stock lord only knows but at £60 for a decent model where can you go wrong.
D2100
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Post by D2100 »

As far as I'm aware, all the GN London area type 2s were used on generally the same work - the NBL 21s, BR 24s, BRCW 26s, Baby Deltics and Brush 30s.

The 26/0 is a cracking model, better even than the 26/1 that preceded it.
Ian Fleming

Now active on Facebook at 'The Clearing House'