Rolling stock for the Tyne Dock to Consett Line

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

cctransuk
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Re: Rolling stock for the Tyne Dock to Consett Line

Post by cctransuk »

Years ago, I did convert a Lima German hopper into an LMS one - though I can't say now how accurate it was; I'll have to dig it out some time.

Regards,
John Isherwood.
johndon
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Post by johndon »

As a break from rolling stock for the layout I've started on the bridge that sat at the Washington end of the junction:

All from plastic sheet and strip with each stone cut individually, glued on and then textured with a ball cutter in a Dremel. Stone colour is Vallejo Buff acrylic with multiple washes of Mig 'Brown for Dark Green'. The bridge girders are, likewise, styrene strip with individually fitted rivets.

johndon
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Post by johndon »

As an aside from my main modelling interest of the Consett line, I've been building a Judith Edge kit of one the two ES1 electrics employed on the Trafalgar Yard to Newcastle Quayside branch.

I bought the kit, part assembled a few years ago and dug it out of the stash recently:

Atso
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by Atso »

I saw this over on Wright Writes. What a lovely build and such neat soldering! 8)
Steve
johndon
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Post by johndon »

The bridge for the Washington end of my P4 version of South Pelaw is finished:

I'm also involved with a group building the junction in EM as it was in the late 1950s and, for that layout, I've just finished some collier tipper wagons. They are from the RT Models kit but modified to have buffer beams rather than dumb buffers: