Kings Cross Loco Yard in 7mm

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

PjKing1
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Kings Cross Loco Yard in 7mm

Post by PjKing1 »

Hi I'm pretty new to this forum and coming from Liverpool everything LNER is pretty new to, but I'm planning on building KX loco yard in the mid 60's in O Gauge.

I've got a copy of the genuin track plans so they're getting drawn up by a friend in templot and I've made a start on the ash pit. Manna from this forum has been great with answering questions and I've read the KX loco thread with great interest but thought I'd post in here to gather as much info as possible.

Thanks in advance as all info, pictures and links will be of great help.

Cheers, Paul
johndon
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Re: Kings Cross Loco Yard in 7mm

Post by johndon »

Fancy seeing you here Paul :D

John
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'day Gents

Hi Paul, You should get all the answers you need now. As there's some excellent signalmen on this site, and KX management staff.

manna
EDGWARE GN, Steam in the Suburbs.
PjKing1
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by PjKing1 »

Thanks Manna and hello John wasn't expecting to see you here, very pleasant surprise :o

Not much I can really update other than work on the ash pit is slowly progressing. All glued together so just need to fill any gaps now then weather inside before adding the concrete top and rail an chairs.

Cheers
All thumbs
H&BR Q10 0-8-0

Post by All thumbs »

I have sent you a PM.
Be gentle! Returning to the hobby after more than 20 years away...
PjKing1
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by PjKing1 »

All thumbs wrote:I have sent you a PM.

Hi Hugh, so sorry only just seen this reply and you pm, I can't reply through pm's I'm afraid :( if I ever get the templot you can have a copy no worries, I struggle with templot to.

Now the only problem is I'm not sure if I can take this any further as I've been struggling to get board sizes and the joins away from all turnouts so it's currently on hold. Hopefully I'll have a better update very soon.

Thanks again
Kestrel
NER C7 4-4-2

Post by Kestrel »

I'd have thought you'd have needed more than 3 steps.