Crowdfunded GNR N2 and quadarts for N and OO

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Hatfield Shed
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Crowdfunded GNR N2 and quadarts for N and OO

Post by Hatfield Shed »

Haven't seen this remarked on here. http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index. ... n-n-gauge/

Very welcome if it can find enough support, the Quads for OO especially.
Dave S
GNSR D40 4-4-0

Re: Crowdfunded GNR N2 and quadarts for N and OO

Post by Dave S »

It will be interesting to see the costs, there has been no mention of the level of detail yet either.
Jazz Fan
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by Jazz Fan »

I recently inquired of Oxford Die Cast details of the forthcoming N7, and did mention that a set of Quint-Arts would make a wonderful accompaniment. So far, no reply!
strang steel
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by strang steel »

Judging by some of the most recent comments on 'the dark side' thread, it has been declared dead in the water already; before any proper details have been published. This must be a first, even for them.
John. My spotting log website is now at https://spottinglogs.co.uk/spotting-rec ... s-70s-80s/
Dave S
GNSR D40 4-4-0

Post by Dave S »

strang steel wrote:Judging by some of the most recent comments on 'the dark side' thread, it has been declared dead in the water already; before any proper details have been published. This must be a first, even for them.
That would be me (CPB) that is questioning the poster

Anonymous poster appears on a thread and declares that he's going to produce a locomotive in 2 scales and coaches to go with it, no mention of detail but has approximate price 6 months ago, now says he has more up to date costings but still no detail or time frame.

Are you prepared to put money up for this when it no doubt gets to that point?

No disrespect meant but it's just Pie in the sky wishlisting with little comprehension of what is really involved.
Hatfield Shed
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Hatfield Shed »

It is just wait and see at present. A competently presented programme with all the key information in response to our old friends; what, who, how, when, how much?, and quite possibly worth a punt. Vague or lacking, no thanks!
strang steel
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by strang steel »

Dave S wrote:
strang steel wrote:Judging by some of the most recent comments on 'the dark side' thread, it has been declared dead in the water already; before any proper details have been published. This must be a first, even for them.
That would be me (CPB) that is questioning the poster

Anonymous poster appears on a thread and declares that he's going to produce a locomotive in 2 scales and coaches to go with it, no mention of detail but has approximate price 6 months ago, now says he has more up to date costings but still no detail or time frame.

Are you prepared to put money up for this when it no doubt gets to that point?

No disrespect meant but it's just Pie in the sky wishlisting with little comprehension of what is really involved.

From what I have read, no one has been asked to put up any money so far.

If the anonymous person has no idea what he/she is doing, this will soon become apparent when the details are released. I doubt anyone will go into this blind these days; and most will have enough common sense to go through finances of every stage in great detail.

I took the anonymity and secrecy to be a way of protecting the proposal until everything has been sorted; but whetting appetites on the way. Maybe I am just too optimistic for my own good?
John. My spotting log website is now at https://spottinglogs.co.uk/spotting-rec ... s-70s-80s/
S.A.C. Martin

Post by S.A.C. Martin »

Word to the wise.

I tried this three years ago when I was starting to develop a potential kit for the LNER Beavertail observation coach. It came to naught for a variety of reasons, costs being one of them. I had an excellent designer lined up and he is still producing some amazing 3D printed kits. I regret that I was not able to hire him for another project, but my job changed and my time to concentrate on railway modelling changed.

I still have the drawings, photographs etc so anyone who'd want a copy may of course ask me and I will provide.

Sometimes it works with a one man band, sometimes it doesn't. Calmly await events.
Dave S
GNSR D40 4-4-0

Post by Dave S »

strang steel wrote:. Maybe I am just too optimistic for my own good?
Nothing wrong with a bit of optimism.

After a couple of conversations I had a while ago I'm just not convinced, but I'm quite happy to be wrong.