Found this on E-Bay

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Found this on E-Bay

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OO-scratch-ki ... SwcgNZLvQR

Interesting, but not for me.

manna
EDGWARE GN, Steam in the Suburbs.
2512silverfox

Re: Found this on E-Bay

Post by 2512silverfox »

A travesty!
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

That Railmotor "model" wouldn't even count as coarse scale, would it? It would be excessively polite even to describe it as a caricature..

I'm sure we don't need another "eBay lunacy" thread, but oddly enough my attention was drawn this morning to the most greedily overpriced dealer's attempt that I've seen so far to sell a Hornby super-detail A1/A3 chassis. The Shylock wanted almost £80....

Proverbs 26 : 11
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

Since the demise of EKM Hornby spare parts have suddenly jumped in the region of 50 to 100% at a certain seller who bought their stock . Buyer beware.
Nova
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

Post by Nova »

Personally I'd get it more for something that would be a bit of fun to run on the layout, rather than anything realistic, that is assuming it runs well in the first place.

though I would most likely resort to rebuilding the locomotive end to be a bit more faithful to the prototype later on...
Coalby and Marblethorpe, my vision of an un-nationalised Great Britain in the 50s and 60s: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11905

36C Studeos, kits in 4MM scale: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11947