Borchester Market

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

Borchester Market

Post by 60526 »

Borchester Market, the layout is currently stored in it's shed along with another layout from the Newhaven Club and we have a problem coming up. We cannot see any chance of our club circumstances (i.e lack of space) changing in the near future, there is also a good possibility that it will be losing its current storage site, it's already been stored up for a while but long term it is not going to do the layout any good, it really needs to be assembled and operated. So reluctantly the BM Group has decided that we need to sell the layout, it would come with everything that you would see at an exhibition with the power switched on ready to go, lights, controllers, transformers, all the paperwork that we were given by the Dyer family, including the paper and electronic timetables for running the sequence, but no stock, we never received any of the original locos etc, what we use are owned by group members. We are open to offers but it needs to go to a good home. Please PM if interested.
Regards
Charlie
ChrisClarke1985
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Re: Borchester Market

Post by ChrisClarke1985 »

Hi, I am wondering if this layout is still for sale and how much it would be?

Frank Dyer was me grandad and I would love to be able to restore this layout to its former glory

Regards Chris
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

Seems it has relatively new owners, but you could find out if they are open to offers...

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index ... nt-2898214

I think "60526" is the person to contact if you are trying to trace the present owners.
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

Post by 60526 »

Unfortunately we had to sell the layout in 2017, although I did enquire I haven't heard from the current owner since. We'd carried out a lot of work on the layout before we had to let it go, it was working well and was consistent, it didn't really need restoring, it always had that matt/weathered look, it just needed some TLC to keep it up to scratch. The only real replacement work we did was to the wiring, the main station canopies, a point in the goods yard, we were going through replacing the Ratio plastic signals with brass but like for like and we'd removed all the models from Welling Park station and were in the process of making some repairs and putting everything back as it was in the original magazine articles. All the major work we had done was away from the viewing area in the fiddleyards. The GC yard was replaced completely, the original had passed it's sell by date and we needed to make it more user friendly. In the GN yard we replaced some original fibre based points that probably came from Borchester Town and replaced most of the ex-RAF solenoid point motors with H&M's, the solenoids were certainly showing their age.
Regards
Charlie