5" gauge model of 4472 Flying Scotsman

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

greenglade
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Re: 5" gauge model of 4472 Flying Scotsman

Post by greenglade »

burnie wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:34 pm Hi Pete, glad you're up and running again, seems my operation was a success too, onwards and upwards.
That's great news... well done... onwards and upward sir...:)

Pete
greenglade
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by greenglade »

Evening everyone, yes I have an update, sorry that they are few and far between these days, I have made myself do this one before things get too involved with the house sell and then moving. Sometimes I look around me here at home and ask myself, am I mad? do I really want to sell and lose what I have here? Don't get me wrong, I don't have much but what I do have is a great environment for creating things while relaxing in my lovely garden? Plus the house now looks great having done all those little jobs that should have been done years ago but never got around to it. I guess the trick is to find somewhere better but so far this has eluded me, we keep looking though.

http://4472flyingscotsman.co.uk/radius- ... nd-fitted/

Pete
greenglade
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by greenglade »

Good day all.. a slight deviation from where I was, I recently received the laser cut parts from Ed (Model Engineers Laser) for the ashpan and decided to tackle this now. To be honest I'm looking for small jobs that I can do while not getting too involved in anything while trying to sell/find a new home. I should be packing the workshop away, not still building parts but the ashpan is pretty straightforward even if the actual drawing has a lot going on. Once again I turned to john Baguley for his indispensable help in converting the paper drawing to CAD, the full story is within this latest entry... hope you all find it interesting, more pretty pictures to look at than usual..

http://4472flyingscotsman.co.uk/ashpan/

Pete
greenglade
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by greenglade »

Yesterday I fitted two dummy eccentric rods just to see how things were looking, all seems ok so far, nothing timed yet and still no bobbings fitted but we are getting there. I have a short video to show the state of play, please forgive the abrupt cutoff, cameraman (er wife) decided she had heard enough of my waffle, to be fair, I hadn't briefed her properly..🙂

https://youtu.be/UTuvZD0cKH8

Pete
greenglade
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by greenglade »

Hi guys

I just realised that my last post for the build was back in June. gulp, where did the time go? I have popped in just to say for those who may not be aware that I haven't disappeared. Around the time of my last post we took the decision here to move home and thus all work has stopped until that mission has been completed, currently, I'm dismantling the workshop gear ready for when that day comes. This may be some time off yet depending on the solicitors involved, we have sold subject to contract and have agreed on a price on our new home also subject to contract. Things seem to be going well but hey, you just never know until you have the keys.

So I'm afraid that work on 4472 has stopped until we have moved and more importantly built up a new workshop, god knows how long that may take but I can say that it will be my first priority. Some of you will be aware that the Model Engineer magazine has been publishing my articles for the last 20 months and they are catching up to where I am. Hopefully, I'll be back up and running before they do...:)

Pete
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

Good luck with the estate agents, the legal profession, the various agencies that will need to respond to searches, the surveyors, your buyers and vendors, the bank/building society (if any is involved) as well as with all the hard work you'll have to do for yourself.
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
greenglade
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by greenglade »

There speaks a man of experience..🙂

Pete
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

I can see what was written about the property for sale. For Sale, Locomotive works !!!!!!!

manna
EDGWARE GN, Steam in the Suburbs.
greenglade
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by greenglade »

Good day all, first off my apologies for not updating this page for far too long, lots have happened since my last post regarding moving. To cut a long story short we moved into our lovely new home in Nov 22, I then spent the next 12 months building a workshop to continue with 4472 along with tackling a massive list of 'to do's' in the house and plot. On top of this health has played its part in restricting progress with 4472 and everything else but hey, I am at least making some progress. I have done a little more on the loco although not as much as I had hoped. Anyway...things should improve soon. I do have an update to share covering the start on the reverser, you'll also find on my blog details of the new workshop although any of you reading ME would have seen this already..🙂

http://4472flyingscotsman.co.uk/

Regards

Pete
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

A welcome return!
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.