OMG Coronation moment

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

52D
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

OMG Coronation moment

Post by 52D »

Hi guys follow this link http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272799893384 is the lot value for money?
Hi interested in the area served by 52D. also researching colliery wagonways from same area.
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: OMG Coronation moment

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

Nice, but as you say expensive, you wouldn't want to run that on the carpet with an old B12.

manna
EDGWARE GN, Steam in the Suburbs.
nzpaul
LNER Thompson B1 4-6-0 'Antelope'

Post by nzpaul »

How disappointed I feel right now. By building my own coronation set I've wasted a good opportunity to spend an enormous amount of money....oh dear...how sad....never mind.
Makes me wonder how it is that this chap and another eBay trader ( you know the one) must eventually sell these things for the price they want, yet on Wright Writes, TW suggests he struggles to get £100 for well made second hand kit built locos. So where do these pricey models end up?

Cheers
Paul
Dave S
GNSR D40 4-4-0

Post by Dave S »

I've been watching several items from the well known overpriced trader 'Gostude' for some time. In the case of some he's had them listed for nearly 4 years without a sniff.
Eventually you do get to the point where you've too much capital tied up in items that just aren't selling, at that point the prices get a bit more realistic. In his case I've seen some sell for 25% of the original listing price.