5" model superclaud

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

john knights
NER Y7 0-4-0T

5" model superclaud

Post by john knights »

A rather forlorn hope, but can anybody possibly help me to locate the present whereabouts of this model commenced by my late father Sonny Knights (Norwich) and completed in the early 1990s by P J Martin (Thetford)?
James Harrison
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Re: 5" model superclaud

Post by James Harrison »

Quite possibly not the same model (then again, you never know... There can't be that many 5" gauge Claudes running around), but a friend of mine on another forum living in Germany bought a 5" Super Claude around 2003. When he bought it it was inoperable, but he restored it to service a couple of years ago. Just seems a bit of an odd coincidence really.
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 65447 »

I've put some feelers out in East Anglia; one suggestion is to contact the Gauge 5 Ground Level Association - http://www.gl5.org/
greenglade
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by greenglade »

I have also posted the question on the 'mech forum'....lot's of long term model engineers there who may be able to help..I'll pass on whatever comes to light...

Pete
john knights
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by john knights »

Many thanks to everybody for their helpful suggestions. If I knew how, I'd post a photo of the model in question.
James Harrison
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by James Harrison »

I've checked with my friend about his 5" Claud; when he bought it, it was, as he put it, "a complete wreck that had never turned a wheel under its own power"- lacking, amongst many other parts, the boiler flues.

So it sounds like your model and my friend's example are two different machines. Good luck with your search.
john knights
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by john knights »

Thanks anyway James Harrison.