NER 4125 tender

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

rowanj
GER J70 0-6-0T Tram

NER 4125 tender

Post by rowanj »

I'm in the process of building a Dave Alexander Q7 kit. Progress can be seen on BRM

http://www.rmweb.co....rom-kits/page-1

I have a query about the Q7 tender. Yeadon states that it was "standard" other than not having a water pick-up arrangements, unlike those fitted to the B16. The kit supplies a casting for a water pickup dome, and other builds seem to have this fitted to their tenders. I cant find a decent top-down photo, though those I have would seem to suggest it wasn't fitted to tenders hauled by Q7's. Yeadon states tender exchanges were only within the class.

So should it be there. I suppose it's possible it was fitted but not connected below the tender top?

Help appreciated

John
JonR
LNER J94 0-6-0ST Austerity

Re: NER 4125 tender

Post by JonR »

Hi John,

Are you near Darlington or Shildon? there's 2 surviving 4125 gallon tenders, One behind the q7 at Darlington and one behind 1621 at Shildon.
JR
rowanj
GER J70 0-6-0T Tram

Re: NER 4125 tender

Post by rowanj »

I did get the feeling that I might have to get across into CO. Durham to look at a prototype, though using preserved locos as a source can be problematic. However a parallel post on BRWeb prompted a reply from Arthur Kimber who bonfirms thatunlike B16,s Q7,tenders had no watersoop, and no dome. Hope this helps anyone thinking of building one, with apologies to anyone who has already done so and followed the erroneous instructions.
John