Lincoln Railway Station

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Graeme Leary
GNR C1 4-4-2

Lincoln Railway Station

Post by Graeme Leary »

I had a quick visit to Lincoln station about 3 weeks ago and noted that the track layout there is just about the same as my model layout, ie 4 tracks between the 'main' platform (with the street entrance) and a central platform alongside the outer of these 4 with another track alongside the opposite side of the platform, with another alongside track adjoining another platform. (In my case this track diverges off to a branch line but the scenario is very similar).
There was a large gantry carrying colour/light signals which I assume would have once carried semaphore signals and I wonder if anybody may have a photo when this was the case.
Many thanks.
Graeme Leary
New Zealand
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Lincoln Railway Station

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=image ... 7620076717

Try Google "image lincoln central station 1950s" or similar for loads more. Beware confusion with images of St. Marks.
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
StevieG
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by StevieG »

.... and also beware of many images not of Lincoln, or even of Lincolnshire (including at least one Western Region) soon found via that link. :)
BZOH

/
\ \ \ //\ \
/// \ \ \ \
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

A sensible additional cautionary remark, although most of the image titles and descriptions are clear enough if you take the trouble to read them rather than just assuming that every image is of Lincoln.
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
StevieG
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by StevieG »

Fair comment Atlantic 3279.
BZOH

/
\ \ \ //\ \
/// \ \ \ \