Bachmann's 2018 announcements

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Autocar Publicity
NER C7 4-4-2

Bachmann's 2018 announcements

Post by Autocar Publicity »

Bachmann have revamped their website this New Year. The full announcement is at http://news.bachmann.co.uk/ but my initial impressions of the OO models are:

There's not much in the way of brand new models but quite a lot of upgrades, new tooling and variations within classes.

The J72, V2 and WD ROD are being given new tooling.

The current interest in pre-grouping locos continues, with a new H1 model and the C1 joining the main range.

Diseasels, the class 25's getting new tooling, the Western Pullman version of the Blue Pullman's coming. 159s, 168s, 170s and 171s are all getting new tooling.

The Bulleid coaches return and a Parrot bogie wagon is new.

Errr, that's about it. There's several comments about more releases & news to come but today's news seems a bit thin. Doubtless there will be the usual speculation about the reasons.

Edit: Just having had a look on the Dark Side and they also have news of a Quarry Hunslet in OO9 (very interesting), a new variation on the Baldwins and a bogie coach from the Ashover and Tal-y-llyn slate wagons. Strange this isn't on the Bachmann site.
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Bachmann's 2018 announcements

Post by 65447 »

Full list here, complete with additional information on the progress status of forthcoming products:
http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index. ... full-list/
Nova
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

Post by Nova »

Despite not modelling 009 I do keep my ear to the ground. I have to say the slate wagons are a welcome surprise. last I heard Bachmann USA weren't allowed to sell Skarloey or Rheneas from their thomas and friends range in the UK as their real life counterparts Dolgoch or Talyllyn (which they were scanned from), despite having the potential to sell really well, due to some licensing law regarding likenesses. I (and many others) assumed it was the same story for the slate wagons.

I'm also interested by the V2 and J72, I wonder if the V2 will have a totally retooled bodyshell or not
Coalby and Marblethorpe, my vision of an un-nationalised Great Britain in the 50s and 60s: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11905

36C Studeos, kits in 4MM scale: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11947
52D
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 52D »

I want a quarry Hunslet and if the V2 has a nice body my deviant urges will be lusting after a few to replace my current fetish of you cant have enough K3s/J39s,
Hi interested in the area served by 52D. also researching colliery wagonways from same area.
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

Nice to see the C1 in the main range, other than that ......

manna
EDGWARE GN, Steam in the Suburbs.
Nova
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

Post by Nova »

I thought I'd jump right ahead with the inevitable question. did any ROD 2-8-0s survive into the LNER and through to BR ownership whilst retaining the details that Bachmann are going to the trouble of representing that set them apart from the former GCR 8Ks (Minus the air pump perhaps)?
Coalby and Marblethorpe, my vision of an un-nationalised Great Britain in the 50s and 60s: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11905

36C Studeos, kits in 4MM scale: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11947
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

The time difference between a Bachmann announcement and the delivery of a model can be enormous.
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
earlswood nob
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by earlswood nob »

Good morning all

I was very interested when I saw the mention of a H1 class.

However, I thought of the NER 4-4-4T and not the Brighton Atlantic, which was very similar to Ivatt's C1.

I should have realised as the Brighton Atlantics used to work through Earlswood hauling the Southeren Belle pullman. I even saw one of the H2s, c1958, just before it's withdrawal.

If Hornby reissued the 12 wheeled pullmans, a decent model of the Southern Belle could be produced.

Earlswood nob