Track Layouts found

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Derek_Revell
GER J70 0-6-0T Tram

Track Layouts found

Post by Derek_Revell »

Hi All, Going through a lot of my late father's archives and other printed material, I happened across a "Challenge" duplicate book, I was surprised to find 30+ pages of detailed track layouts for mostly railway line/stations in the Kirkby Stephen and that area, please see the list below.

Appleby Junc., Appleby East, Askrigg, Aysgarth, Ainderby, Belah, Bowes, Bedale, Brompton, Boro Bridge, Clifton Moor, Constable Burton, Howlands, Hawes, Jervaulx, Kirkby Stephen Junc., Kirkby Stephen East, Kirkby Thore, Lartington West, Leyburn, Leeming Bar, Long Lane, Low Gates, Litlington Gate, Hitchin Yard, Hitchin South, Merrygill, Meldreth, Northallerton East, Romawdkirk, Redmire, Rounton Gate, Royston, Stanmore, Tees Valley, Warcop, Wensway, Welbury.

I intend to scan the pages and make them available to anyone that wants a copy sent electronically.

Best regards Derek G. Revell (son of Roy Revell, ex-relief signalman Class 1)
R. pike
GNR C1 4-4-2

Re: Track Layouts found

Post by R. pike »

Hi Derek

I'd be keen on seeing the local ones if i can please?

Richard..
exile
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Post by exile »

I would also be interested please.
Rustynuts
LNER J39 0-6-0

Post by Rustynuts »

Hi there,

I would also be interested.

Kind regards

Paul
Derek_Revell
GER J70 0-6-0T Tram

Post by Derek_Revell »

Thanks for your interest, I'll start the scans immediately, I've also found another smaller notebook containing the following track layouts.

Woolmer Green, Knebworth, Knebworth Box, Langley, Stevenage South, Stevenage North, Hitchin South, Hitchin Yard, Cambridge Junction (Hitchin), Cadwell, Three Counties, Arlesey, Langford, Biggleswade South, Biggleswade North, Sandy, Sandy Junction, Everton, Tempsford, St Neots, Paxton, Offord, Huntington No1, Huntington No2, Stukeley, Abbotts Ripton, Abbotts Ripton Level Crossing, Connington South, Connington North, Holme, Ramsey, Yaxley.

As I'm a newbee on here, can you advise which is the best method of sending these scanned images to all who are asking, is it possible via a private message? or directly by email.

Best regards

Derek.
Dave
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Dave »

I would be very interested, thanks in anticipation.
Derek_Revell
GER J70 0-6-0T Tram

Post by Derek_Revell »

I have now scanned all the drawings and notes etc etc, which totals nearly 100, as I'm a newbie on here I can't send anyone any PM's although I can read PM's sent to me, but cannot reply, so the logic of that rule doesn't make sense, anyway if you would like to receive a zipped file from me of the track layouts please specify whether you want North or South layouts they are quite large files around 9Mb, and of course your email address, mine is derekrevell@aol.com

Best regards Derek Revell
StevieG
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by StevieG »

I was ruminating over your first post about these Derek, but you've done it now with that second one of Herts. etc..
If you can, please also count me in as interested in both lots (not really interested in those 'oop north' but wouldn't want to cause you extra bother regarding the first set by picking and choosing only the particularly local ones [Herts., Camb. line, etc.).

'How to distribute?'. I'm no computing whizz technocrat, but I wonder if trying to send them out by Forum PM might unfairly use this site's server capacity.

(P.S. We did briefly meet once, one Thurs. evening at RP's a few years ago, when you were there with your late father. )
Last edited by StevieG on Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BZOH

/
\ \ \ //\ \
/// \ \ \ \
Dave S
GNSR D40 4-4-0

Post by Dave S »

This is a 'me too' post as I used to work at Royston & Hitchin and still have an interest.

I'll send an email to your address .

Dave.
john coffin
LNER V2 2-6-2 'Green Arrow'

Post by john coffin »

Me too please.

Will email you directly.

paul
Dave S
GNSR D40 4-4-0

Post by Dave S »

This is a 'Thank you' to Derek for the plans, very interesting and much appreciated.

And it turns out he lives less than 3 miles away from me!
$firstimes
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by $firstimes »

Hi Derek,

I would be extremely interested in obtaining copies of the track layouts for the East Cost Route , of Interest Stevenage and South towards Kings Cross, especially Wooler Green and Knebworth.

Please could you advise how to send my email. address to use via this forum.

Kind regards

Stuart