G5 from TMC

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: G5 from TMC

Post by richard »

That is how I understood the NGS RTR items worked. NGS have exclusive rights for a couple of years (don't know the exact period) and then Bachmann/Farish end up with the tooling.
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
exile
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Post by exile »

Thanks for the replies to my query on the two NER versions. I think I now Know which one to purchase - coal rails and visible Westinghouse equipment.
JonR
LNER J94 0-6-0ST Austerity

Post by JonR »

Just ordered one of the NER liveried versions. Nice to see a couple of NER locos coming out recently. I wonder if we'll see an autocoach to accompany the push pull fitted version sometime in the near future :?
JR
Greedy Boards
GNSR D40 4-4-0

Post by Greedy Boards »

Dear All

Great news indeed for all of the North Eastern faith.

Focusing on the Whitby Middlesbrough Redcar Union line, the production of a G5 0-4-4T in all liveries, now allows us to consider layouts from the North Eastern era right through to the arrival of the British Rail DMUs in 1958. Previously we could only go far back as possibly 1939 with a Gresley V1/V3 2-6-2T; followed up post war, with the Thompson L1 2-6-4T and BR Standard 4MTT 2-6-4T.

Its great that TMC seems to have taken a leaf out of Kernow's book, and stepped in for commissioning local branch-line locomotives. but I do hope that Bachmann will also release their own G5 in the foreseeable future, so that local model shops can also reap some form of reward from this great venture.

Finally, some comments have already been made about the potential for further North Eastern locomotives, such as the J21 and J27 locomotive classes, the latter of which would lend itself very nicely to mineral traffic on Teesside with the visually similar J26 and J27 classes. However, don't forget about the potential of the Raven S3/B16 4-6-0, with its range along the ECML between Edinburgh and London; its range across Great Central metals to Woodford Halse; and the Burton-on-Trent beer run on Great Northern metals from York. It might not have got in to East Anglia like the G5, but was seen at March and Peterborough East, in the Great Eastern area.

Regards

Greedy Boards
North Eastern Matters
Dunluce Castle
GNR J52 0-6-0T

Post by Dunluce Castle »

Whilst speaking to the Bachmann representative at Model Rail Scotland, he did say to me that Bachmann will produce the G5 in their own range, a couple of years after its release with TMC. Whether this is true or not I do not know.

With regards to the USA tank, this has been confirmed, although it could a number of years before its released.
Nelson
1̶6̶ 17 years old and modelling the LNER, LMS NCC and UTA (steam of course)
JonR
LNER J94 0-6-0ST Austerity

Post by JonR »

Thanks for the info Nelson, it's good news that it's going to stick around 😀 a B16 would be a great addition too.
JR
Worsdell#67261
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by Worsdell#67261 »

Also the CAD for the models have been made, but they had to remove the scottish and GE area models from the ones being made at the moment as well as choose alternate locos for 35-250z, 35-256z, and 35-259z.