David Geen

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Rlangham
LNER P2 2-8-2

David Geen

Post by Rlangham »

Is anyone aware of David Geen kits available anywhere, or planned to be available? Interested in a few kits, especially the ‘round end’ coal hopper and the loco coal wagon

Thanks,
Rob
Author of 'The North Eastern Railway in the First World War' - now available in paperback!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/North-Eastern-R ... 781554552/

Happy to help with anything relating to the railways in the First World War, just ask
Wolf of Badenoch
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Re: David Geen

Post by Wolf of Badenoch »

I am pretty sure that David's kits are only available direct from him, he will be at Scalefour North in April and I think Railex Aylesbury. The business is reported as being up for sale so unless a buyer is found the availability may have an uncertain future.

I know I will be stocking up with them at S4 North
Rlangham
LNER P2 2-8-2

Post by Rlangham »

Thanks - I sent him an e mail but didn’t get a response, coupled with the website not being updated for nearly a decade wasn’t sure if it was a going concern, I’ll try sending a letter
Author of 'The North Eastern Railway in the First World War' - now available in paperback!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/North-Eastern-R ... 781554552/

Happy to help with anything relating to the railways in the First World War, just ask
scottiedog
NBR J36 0-6-0

Post by scottiedog »

David’s wife is not in the best of health and he is not so good, himself. I saw him on Tuesday and he confirmed that if all is well with both of them, he will be at S4N. There is a contingency plan in place if he can’t make it i.e. myself, on Sunday, and another good friend of David’s on Saturday. Stock levels of some of his kits are low so if there is anything that you need it might be worthwhile ordering them in advance. If you can’t get in touch with him please pm me with what you need and I will do what I can to fulfil your requirements. I will be going to see him in the next week or so.
scottiedog
NBR J36 0-6-0

Post by scottiedog »

With regard to my above mentioned post, needless to say, I am happy to arrange “advance orders” for collection at S4N, for all forum members. Please do not hesitate to send me a “pm” in this respect.
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

Does anyone know what he has on offer? , the current price list is years old.
scottiedog
NBR J36 0-6-0

Post by scottiedog »

There was an uptodate one posted on the RMweb a short while ago. If you can’t find it let me know. I saved it on my laptop and I’ll try and get it to you.

Apologies for using the “R” word!!!!
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

Thanks will have a look .
Wolf of Badenoch
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Post by Wolf of Badenoch »

Hi Scottiedog,
Pm sent with an ‘Advance order’ for S4N, hope that’s OK