Drawings and Dimensions for LNER sectional huts

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

jonrobb
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Drawings and Dimensions for LNER sectional huts

Post by jonrobb »

Hello Everyone

Been lurking on here for a bit now, does anyone have a drawing for sectional concrete platelayers hut, I have been searching for ages but cant seem to find drawings and or dimensions anywhere.

A PDF file or jpg if you've got one, the interweb is chock full of photos of these but no drawings "help"

jon
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Drawings and Dimensions for LNER sectional huts

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

I've a feeling there's a basic drawing in "Modeller's Guide to the LNER" by David Adair.

If I remember, and have time, I'll check later.
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 65447 »

Yes, but very basic, and also a 7mm scale drawing in Model Railways March 1975. The various concrete components are all described over several pages in the LNER Concrete Articles 'catalogue'. A number of models (Shapeways, Acrylic, Resin, Laser-cut) are already available in various scales from the likes of Invertrain, Roxey, Intentio and Stoneybridge.
2512silverfox

Post by 2512silverfox »

Try the LNER Society. Peter Hall of that body produced a very detailed drawing of this item in the 70s which should still be available.
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 65447 »

2512silverfox wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:03 pm Try the LNER Society. Peter Hall of that body produced a very detailed drawing of this item in the 70s which should still be available.
Nick,

It wasn't published in the Journal (I've just checked through the indexes I compiled) and it wasn't a separate item in the publications list as far as I recall, so could only have been printed in the newsletter, unless you know otherwise?
2512silverfox

Post by 2512silverfox »

Check with Peter. I am sure I have it somewhere. It was large scale and drawn on linen I think. Originally destined to become the first of a number.
drmditch

Post by drmditch »

In the thread .....here..... I pointed out a NERA publication which reproduces the "Engineer's Catalogue of Materials" dated from Kings Cross in 1947.

This appears to be quite useful, giving sketches, outlines and component lists for Huts Type A, C, and D (not sure what happened to Type B?)

I do plan to use this information to construct at least one hut, but am still emeshed in bridge construction works and track laying.
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

As 65447 says, the drawing in the Adair book is indeed very basic. Four elevations and a plan view, hand drawn I believe, of a standard concrete sectional platelayers hut, no sections or internal details indicated. No marked dimensions just a printed scale. It is printed at about 2.8mm to the foot. If you can get hold of the book see page 79. If you cannot get hold of the book but are desperate enough to want to see this basic drawing, then let me know and I'll see what I can do....
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
JASd17
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by JASd17 »

Peter Hall has been made aware of the request, although he is not on this Forum.

John