New Bachman

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

52D
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

New Bachman

Post by 52D »

Been at Railex helping to exhibit with my mates layout. Spied a few relevant items on the Bachman stand heres the first, Bachmans J72 to be made available in 4 versions this one is the NER version and will retail at circa £125!
J72a.jpg
More pics to follow plus 2 versions of the GNR Atlantic. Please excuse quality downloaded straight off my phone after getting home.
Hi interested in the area served by 52D. also researching colliery wagonways from same area.
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: New Bachman

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

£125? I'm now feeling extremely satisfied with my very mildly re-worked old Bachmann J72 which probably cost me around a quarter of that price.
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
52D
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 52D »

Yes Atlantic i have paid £30 for imaculate boxed examples of earlier models i will post 2 versions of the GNR Atlantic and more J72 pics tomorrow i thought you may have had something to say about the price and cant wait for Mick and JW to see the post for there comments. I didnt manage to get a price for the Atlantic but it looks good.
Hi interested in the area served by 52D. also researching colliery wagonways from same area.
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

I still have my J72 that I bought new for a fiver, when they first came out, the motor still works, but the axles are another matter :lol:

manna
EDGWARE GN, Steam in the Suburbs.
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

Price!!!

I have 3 Bachmann's J72's, I didn't pay more than £60 for the lot via eBay !!! :D :D :D

Bachmann are taking the proverbial yet again . :roll: :roll: e bay can provide a new version in due course.
nzpaul
LNER Thompson B1 4-6-0 'Antelope'

Post by nzpaul »

Rails pre order price is £106....H J36 is £107......good of B to do everthing they can to keep their competitor in business... :wink:

Paul