HMRS Modelling Request from Colombo

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

HMRS Modelling Request from Colombo

Post by richard »

I have just heard from Louis Heath (Colombo) who was very active in the early days of this forum. If you look back in the posts, you may find some pictures of his York Station.

He writes...
I am now layout manager at HMRS but I have a serious problem, lack of railway modellers who can come during the day on a Wednesday and Friday, when we open. So I have to think of a way of recruiting retired reasonably experienced modellers who are within driving distance of Ripley in Derbyshire where the HMRS Museum and Study Centre is located. Perhaps the best approach would be to invite people to come and have a look at what we have got already, but the biggest enticement may be the opportunity to help build a new OO layout about 20 ft X 10ft which will be funded by HMRS as an added feature in our Museum.
Please circulate this to your fellow officers and let's try and find a way of getting something moving.
If interested, you can contact them through www.hmrs.org.uk
He is also now active on Facebook as Louis Heath.
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: HMRS Modelling Request from Colombo

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

Although I'm not in a position to help (to far away) I have commented on his layout a couple of time. looking good.

manna
EDGWARE GN, Steam in the Suburbs.