Fox Transfers launch accurate LNER Coach Branding transfers

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Dave
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Fox Transfers launch accurate LNER Coach Branding transfers

Post by Dave »

Good luck with that one Graeme, it was bloody hard work trying to get them to change their carriage lettering. I expect to find rocking horse shite before I see Kitchen............
MikeTrice
LNER Thompson B1 4-6-0 'Antelope'

Post by MikeTrice »

Do Modelmaster do what you need?
MartinWales
GNR J52 0-6-0T

Post by MartinWales »

Cambridge Custom Transfers able to help?
Graeme Leary
GNR C1 4-4-2

Post by Graeme Leary »

Thanks for responses.

I have looked at both Cambridge Custom Transfers and Modelmasters websites as suggested. It seems to me that with the wide range of very detailed options on Cambridge it might be possible for the novice (me) to inadvertently order the wrong sheets (and at first glance there seemed to be more emphasis on later dates and perhaps not as much on LNER).

Modelmasters were very good with (in the Parkside kit examples I looked) their product number conforming to the Parkside kit number (with the MM prefix in front of the kit number and 1 sheet per wagon). No doubt a similar arrangement for eg Cambrian and Slaters kits.

For goods wagon kit details it does seem that HMRS has the best option with their Sheet 12 including not only plenty of numbers but complete preformed words such as eg FRUIT, BRICK, COKE, LOCO, plenty of N & E (in different sizes), C & L and even a smaller range of Black for fixing to white or lighter colour wagons. I think this sheet also includes such words as GUNPOWDER BALLAST WAGON, BANANA, FISH in smaller font.

I initially mentioned Fox Transfers as over some 7-8 years I have had great service from them (in fact an order worth GBP128 was actioned within 7 days of my confirming details) and it seems this wide range of various 'pre-made' words (for goods wagons) is where they have a gap. They do have sheets of individual numbers and letters that can be put together to achieve this but all quite fiddly.

Just a thought (and doesn't solve the smaller KITCHEN for triplet set doors - am I the only one after these?).

Graeme Leary