Honington to Lincoln branch line

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

photo6924mam
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Honington to Lincoln branch line

Post by photo6924mam »

Hello there
I wondered if anyone out there can help me? I am hoping to find someone who can tell me what trains ran on the old Honington to Lincoln branch line from the 1930s to the very early 1960s untill it closed. The branch line started at Honington and it ran off the Grantham to Lincoln line.
Thank's
Photoman
Albert Hill
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Re: Honington to Lincoln branch line

Post by Albert Hill »

Served by both Grantham/Boston and Grantham/Lincoln services, typically 24 workings per weekday.
Bunkerbarge
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

Post by Bunkerbarge »

I assume this is the line you are referring to, there is information out there, just put 'Honington Ironstone Sidings' into Google.

You might find this an interesting starting point:

http://www.tracksthroughgrantham.uk/rai ... ne-trains/

Obviously it was a GNR line pre grouping so that helps to narrow down the appropriate rolling stock.
Iron Duke
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

Post by Iron Duke »

Here is an interesting book all about the line published by Oakwood.
Attachments
Honington Line.jpg
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

This topic is already under discussion following an initial question at:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12979

Presumably it is more appropriate to continue the discussion there, under one heading, as this is not (yet, as far as I know) a model railway matter, but do correct me if I'm wrong.
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.