Articulated Set

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Bunkerbarge
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

Articulated Set

Post by Bunkerbarge »

Gentlemen, and Ladies if there are any present,

In the days when there was a branch line from Woodhall Junction to Horncastle passengers were transported up and down the seven miles of the line by an articulated twin set of coaches from the old GNR days.

Could any of you knowledgeable gents please advise me how or even whether this twin set could be modelled in OO gauge from either kits, modified RTR models etc and what would be needed to get it up and running. i.e. bogies, wheels etc.

Many thanks
img257.jpg
Atso
LNER A3 4-6-2

Re: Articulated Set

Post by Atso »

I'm afraid I can't help with kits, etc but that looks very much like one of the articulated sets that were made up out of the old GNR railmotor units after the boilers became life expired. There are some drawings in Nick Campling's 'Historic Carriage Drawings, Volume One' but note that these are for units no.1 and no.2 which had Gresley style domed roofs (I believe the first GNR carriages so fitted) and so may differ in the layout of the sides as well. If I recall correctly, the carriages also had an extra compartment added when they were converted.

The bogies look like standard Fox pattern for which I'm sure there will be kits available in 4mm scale. I would guess that the wheels would be Mansell ones.

Sorry it is not much but I'm sure some more knowledgeable people will be along shortly who can provide much more help than I.
Steve
notascoobie
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by notascoobie »

Hi,

IIRC there was an etch produced for this set in 4mm scale. It might have been by Nick Easton but one of the regulars here will know.

Good luck with it.
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

A etched kit is/was produced,as A fellow on RMweb, made two sets, one in BR, the other in LNER, I'll see if I can find it.

manna

PS, Try this. http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index. ... %2Bcoaches Starts Page 20.
Attachments
Mozzer Models.jpg
EDGWARE GN, Steam in the Suburbs.
Bunkerbarge
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

Post by Bunkerbarge »

Many thanks for the help gents. The links to RMWeb were spot on and I have sent a PM to the gent who built the set. They are exactly what I am hoping to eventually put together.
Dave S
GNSR D40 4-4-0

Post by Dave S »

Brian Mosby (Mozzer) is now the proprietor of 247 developments. He built the set for John Gleeson in Australia, John wrote an article about the sets.
TCH148 Gleeson article (1).pdf
(1.34 MiB) Downloaded 61 times
Bunkerbarge
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

Post by Bunkerbarge »

Dave S wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:18 pm Brian Mosby (Mozzer) is now the proprietor of 247 developments. He built the set for John Gleeson in Australia, John wrote an article about the sets.

TCH148 Gleeson article (1).pdf
Perfect, very many thanks for that.