Restaurant triplet set - 'finer' details

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Restaurant triplet set - 'finer' details

Post by jwealleans »

Can't comment on the colours, but the service from that seller is top notch. They did me a specific set of restaurant car seats for a GE TO, couldn't have replied and then supplied any quicker.
Dave
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Dave »

Don't know about blue being a LNER colour, Green curtains are the only colour I know of that was used for 1st class in LNER days pre war at least.
I stand to be corrected.

As for the triplet I will see what info I have.
Quicksilver95
NER J27 0-6-0

Post by Quicksilver95 »

Thanks all for the info so far. I have actually been in contact with the suggested seller and he has produced me some very nice loose seating for the 1st restaurant, in line with the photograph shown mid way down this Steve Banks article.

https://www.steve-banks.org/modelling/2 ... iplet-sets

Agree re the comment of green for most 1st class restaurants, but as these two sets were a one off by an external designer, my suspicion was they might be different. I'm no expert on decor, but I suspect pale stone walls with blue trim might be a little odd with green curtains. If only the above photo was in colour...