Paint match in USA

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Cutter
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

Paint match in USA

Post by Cutter »

What would be a good match for Marlborough Blue in the USA? Suggestions welcome.
I can't import paints from the UK but aim to model the Coronation set and don't know what would be a good match for Marlborough Blue. Garter Blue is not a problem as I can get the Humbrol acrylic.
MikeTrice
LNER Thompson B1 4-6-0 'Antelope'

Re: Paint match in USA

Post by MikeTrice »

Cutter
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

Post by Cutter »

Perfect, thanks. Yes, I can get those paints, and I can also get the Humbrol Garter Blue.
MikeTrice
LNER Thompson B1 4-6-0 'Antelope'

Post by MikeTrice »

Not certain how accurate the Humbrol colour is. The formula I gave in the post is matched to Precision Garter Blue.
Cutter
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

Post by Cutter »

I'll see how well the Humbrol Garter Blue matches the Dapol A4s. I'm a little sceptical of "authentic" colors generally because paints fade or discolor in use and get dirty. Furthermore the colors we see vary according to the light, whether the object is wet or dry, and the viewing distance. If my Coronation coaches look harmonious with my A4 I'll be happy.