Model railway exhibition wrecked by vandals

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard, Tom F

Blink Bonny
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Model railway exhibition wrecked by vandals

Post by Blink Bonny » Thu May 23, 2019 10:25 pm

Ay up!

See the "mother" of one of 'em is trotting out excuses. They were drunk. They didn't know what they were doing. I've made him write a letter of apology,

Totally wrong what they'be done. Sadly most of the exhibits will never be repaired or replaced.
If I ain't here, I'm in Bilston, scoffing decent chips at last!!!!

Horsetan
GNR C1 4-4-2

Post by Horsetan » Sat May 25, 2019 9:36 am

Blink Bonny wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 10:25 pm
.... the "mother" of one of 'em is trotting out excuses. They were drunk. They didn't know what they were doing. I've made him write a letter of apology,

Totally wrong what they'be done. Sadly most of the exhibits will never be repaired or replaced.
Probably an attempt to head off the CPS, and get away with a caution?
IMG_20190525_091333_1558773309372.jpg

Paul_sterling
NBR J36 0-6-0

Post by Paul_sterling » Sat May 25, 2019 12:42 pm

"they have been forced to write to the club to say sorry"

Any NORMAL human being would have required to enforcement to apologise.

The CPS should consider that the overwhelming donations submitted shows just how angry the general public are in respect of what these under-age drinking, life destroying, waste-of-space-excuse-for-human-being, oxygen thieves, and throw the book at them AND Their parents.

AND while I'm on one, either (depending on how they came by it) the parents should be arrested for giving underage access to alcohol, or the shop that the yobbos got the booze from be done for selling alcohol without ID request.

Paul.

Mersey508138
LNER J94 0-6-0ST Austerity

Post by Mersey508138 » Thu May 30, 2019 6:11 pm

I completely agree and I would also go further to the point of saying that they should be made to do X amount of hours of unpaid work to help clean up the mess, help with any repairs and redecoration of the property.

Then aswell as that, contributing whatever money they would use to buy alcohol towards replacement of the damaged items for as long as the judge ordered would go some way to with any luck making them think before repeating anything like that.

Ok I know I'm 21 days off turning 46 but I don't drink because I would not want to put myself in a situation like that.