Model railway exhibition wrecked by vandals

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard, Tom F

Blink Bonny
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Model railway exhibition wrecked by vandals

Post by Blink Bonny » Thu May 23, 2019 10:25 pm

Ay up!

See the "mother" of one of 'em is trotting out excuses. They were drunk. They didn't know what they were doing. I've made him write a letter of apology,

Totally wrong what they'be done. Sadly most of the exhibits will never be repaired or replaced.
If I ain't here, I'm in Bilston, scoffing decent chips at last!!!!

Horsetan
GNR C1 4-4-2

Post by Horsetan » Sat May 25, 2019 9:36 am

Blink Bonny wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 10:25 pm
.... the "mother" of one of 'em is trotting out excuses. They were drunk. They didn't know what they were doing. I've made him write a letter of apology,

Totally wrong what they'be done. Sadly most of the exhibits will never be repaired or replaced.
Probably an attempt to head off the CPS, and get away with a caution?
IMG_20190525_091333_1558773309372.jpg

Paul_sterling
NBR J36 0-6-0

Post by Paul_sterling » Sat May 25, 2019 12:42 pm

"they have been forced to write to the club to say sorry"

Any NORMAL human being would have required to enforcement to apologise.

The CPS should consider that the overwhelming donations submitted shows just how angry the general public are in respect of what these under-age drinking, life destroying, waste-of-space-excuse-for-human-being, oxygen thieves, and throw the book at them AND Their parents.

AND while I'm on one, either (depending on how they came by it) the parents should be arrested for giving underage access to alcohol, or the shop that the yobbos got the booze from be done for selling alcohol without ID request.

Paul.

Mersey508138
LNER J94 0-6-0ST Austerity

Post by Mersey508138 » Thu May 30, 2019 6:11 pm

I completely agree and I would also go further to the point of saying that they should be made to do X amount of hours of unpaid work to help clean up the mess, help with any repairs and redecoration of the property.

Then aswell as that, contributing whatever money they would use to buy alcohol towards replacement of the damaged items for as long as the judge ordered would go some way to with any luck making them think before repeating anything like that.

Ok I know I'm 21 days off turning 46 but I don't drink because I would not want to put myself in a situation like that.

Mersey508138
LNER J94 0-6-0ST Austerity

Post by Mersey508138 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:31 am

I have heard news tonight that the parents of those involved in this hideous crime have all been ordered by a court judge to pay £500 each for compensation.

I have to say that is rather poxy really considering the losses incurred that day.

Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:36 am

As we have a criminal "justice" system in England that has been crippled as a result of constant interference by do-gooders and by the voting habits of weak-willed sentimentalists, who claim that even the most hardened, malicious, degenerate, amoral, criminally-minded vermin deserve delux human rights at the expense of the victim, and who perpetuate the daft myth that scum can be made into saints by gentle reform, the derisory "punishment" comes as no surprise whatsoever.
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.

john coffin
LNER Thompson B1 4-6-0 'Antelope'

Post by john coffin » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:11 pm

Whilst I agree we have a somewhat less than perfect justice system, excepting last week's events near Reading,
too many higher management police bosses are without any experience at actual policing, hence their determination
not to give too much attention to "broken windows" which is designed to stop people starting on the criminal path.

However, there is another thing to think about with this which is These people are actual part of our target audience
to ensure that model railway's as a hobby keeps going. What is it that is going on that young guys out on the lash,
whether or not they should be, that means they have no respect for other people's property.
With the rise in Knife crime, particularly in London and other big cities, the liberals all want the government to
pay for services, but do not know what to offer, and moreover, forget that the government does not have any
money of its own, it ALL comes from our taxes. SO what are we doing to change the minds of these people.
Almost every model railway group lacks a decent amount of young talent, so what do we do about it??

Paul