Connoisseur Models N10 Tank

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Robpulham
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Connoisseur Models N10 Tank

Post by Robpulham »

This posting is a little bit of a surprise because I wasn't expecting to do much with it.

I have been using this kit when I demo loco building at shows, I would rather take one of my kits along than one that I am building for someone else just in case anything happens to it.

Up to Saturday I had only managed to cut out the frames, remove the cusps and bend up the frame spacers (at Newton Aycliffe Show in March) due to being far too busy talking to people.

Although I did have lots of interest I seemed to really crack on with it after showing one gent how to solder up the boiler.

This build will get updated intermittently because I will be only working on it at shows until it's well on its way.

I think that this amount of progress in between talking to people really is a testament to Jim McGeown and the quality of the kit/fit of the parts.

I didn't take my rolling bars along nor did I have anything thicker than a scriber. So to roll the smokebox wrapper I had to sit and bend the etch between fingers and thumbs. Working steadily away until it reached the right shape.
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Connoisseur Models N10 Tank

Post by mick b »

The 4mm version was an easy build. However I need to take some metal off the rear truck, as it hits the buffer beam as made/designed, when it tries to turn on curves. It maybe ok on the 7mm version.
Robpulham
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Connoisseur Models N10 Tank

Post by Robpulham »

Thanks Mick,

I will watch for that when I get there.