ACFI water feed heater conversion kit available in 4mm/00 Gauge for Hornby A1/A3 model - Niu Models

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Al.
NER Y7 0-4-0T

ACFI water feed heater conversion kit available in 4mm/00 Gauge for Hornby A1/A3 model - Niu Models

Post by Al. »

My ACFI water feed heater kit, as fitted to 'The White Knight' and 'Shotover', is now available.

The kit is in 4mm/00 Gauge and is designed to fit the current Hornby range of loco drive A1s and A3s, and is shown in the photos below fitted to Hornby's 'Book Law' model.

The kit includes the ACFI pump, ACFI support bracket, zenith separator, boiler feed clear and smokebox mixing chamber. It also come with a pair of etched nameplates for which ever loco you choice.

Brass rod (1mm, 0.8mm, 0.5mm) is required to for the pipe work along with two small bits of 0.25mm plasticard for the smoke box flanges.

The kit retails at £19.50 + postage.

To order email Niu Models at niumodels@gmail.com. 

Last edited by Al. on Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dave
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: ACFI water feed heater conversation kit available in 4mm/00 Gauge for Hornby A1/A3 model - Niu Models

Post by Dave »

Interesting thanks.
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: ACFI water feed heater conversation kit available in 4mm/00 Gauge for Hornby A1/A3 model - Niu Models

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

Al: I'm not sure if your digital device has invasive, fallible and unhelpful "auto-correct" but may I suggest that you carefully check the words as reproduced in both the title and the text of the above post?
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: ACFI water feed heater conversion kit available in 4mm/00 Gauge for Hornby A1/A3 model - Niu Models

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

Much clearer now that it's a conversion kit rather than a conversation kit, with a Zenith separator rather than a "severs tor", whatever one of those is. Would that boiler feed "clear" thingy be a clack by the way?
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.