Millholme Stirling Single

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

Millholme Stirling Single

Post by 60526 »

I didn't volunteer for this but I've recently taken over a job at the Newhaven Club for looking after the sales/stores. In getting ready for our exhibition next weekend I've had to go through a lot of stored boxes and at the bottom of one of them which contained lots of tram bits was a Millholme box which contained a partially finished Stirling Single. In the next box was a finished I assume K's P2, this was a bit of a change from seeing Bachmann or Mainline locos with shifted wheel/axle problems. At some time I've got to decide what to do with these models, sell as is, or repair, all funds go to our charity anyway. Past Millholme models I have seen have not been the best but this Stirling Single has got my attention. Has anyone any experience of building one of these, what is the best way of setting up the wheels, solid? slight compensation? How accurate is the model?