D&S kits

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Woodcock29
LNER Thompson B1 4-6-0 'Antelope'

D&S kits

Post by Woodcock29 »

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything from Dan in the last year or so?

Andrew
notascoobie
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Re: D&S kits

Post by notascoobie »

Hi Andrew,

I've seen Dan selling kits at some Gauge O Guild events over the past couple of years. Most recently at Telford last September. He looks great for his age. Plus a friend spoke to him on the 'phone a few weeks back.

A great guy who has provided great kits and plenty of encouragement over the years. It's always a pleasure to see him.

Vernon
Woodcock29
LNER Thompson B1 4-6-0 'Antelope'

Post by Woodcock29 »

Thanks Vernon that's good news. I'll have to ring him to chase up an issue I had with a missing etch in a 4mm GN CCT I got a couple of years back. I wrote to him about it sometime ago as that's how I've normally dealt with him over the years from South Australia.

Andrew
Dave S
GNSR D40 4-4-0

Post by Dave S »

Dan lives 10-15 minutes away from me but it must be 6 months since I called in. He was in really good health but a family member has a long term debilatating illness so he's seconded to childcare duties a lot of the time.
You can usually get him on the phone but I think the last promised list is just a bit too much work at present.
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

If you get a reply please, bear this in mind if you do speak to him.

Common opinion elsewhere on the various forums,was to write to him. Dont phone due to the above health issues.

Following that advice I wrote to him January asking to buy replacement parts for some NER 52ft Clerestory Coaches ( Clerestory roof etched parts x3). Sadly no response so far, I have also sent him two s.a.e 's in the last 3 years, for price lists, again with the same result.

Has anyone had a replies over the last couple of years from him ??.
Chas Levin
NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

Post by Chas Levin »

I bought quite a few kits from his lists during 2018-19 and always had replies by post, very helpful and friendly, including build advice, spare parts etc, but I'd not had a reply to my last couple of letters from earlier this year. I assumed he must be busy and that I'd hear back in due course, but it has now been quite a while; I hope he's doing OK in the lockdown situation...
Chas
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 65447 »

I spoke with Dan last week, in fact we had a long chat about various matters. Yes he has increasingly pressing family commitments but he has also been completing commissions for models taken over the last year or so, so much less time on the kit side and etcher. I must confess I didn't think to enquire if his etcher was working as kits were not the reason for my call. I think he's OK for 7mm stock and, because the reason I rang was in connection with an article I'm finishing for the GERS Journal which concludes with a note regarding the availability of kits, he was agreeable to my wording regarding his 4mm kits including producing batches of these particular vans if sufficient interest shown.

I think he would take a 'phone call if he's available but a letter (with SAE) might be more convenient for him but, if you've written and had no reply, then do try the 'phone.

If it's for a price list, the last 4mm one was done a long time ago (we commented on this) whilst the 7mm one is also getting dated. He has not directed his attention to these.