Isinglass 3-D printed coaches

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Quicksilver95
NER J27 0-6-0

Re: Isinglass 3-D printed coaches

Post by Quicksilver95 »

If you're using the Isinglass bogies, they come with NEM pockets. See this YouTube video for instructions on how to assemble them. https://youtu.be/s6JkNDfXhtA
S.A.C. Martin

Post by S.A.C. Martin »

jwealleans wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:05 am If you're specifically after a D120 brake van then it would be remiss not to mention the excellent Chivers kit which is now available again.
Can confirm - just built two of them, they went together beautifully.
NZRedBaron
H&BR Q10 0-8-0

Post by NZRedBaron »

One set I'm definitely tempted by are those twin articulated coaches; but I've not seen anything anywhere about how to attach Isinglass bogies to their coach frames- regular or articulated.
Quicksilver95
NER J27 0-6-0

Post by Quicksilver95 »

There's various options for attaching the bogies to the frames. The best is probably using 8BA brass nuts and bolts. I use them on all non-articulated Isinglass bogies. For articulated bogies these can also be used, but Andy has also designed a cradle so that Symoba cam units can be used to allow closer articulation. Ive been experimenting with these on my RTS and seems to work well so far. MJT also does an articulation system which I'm told is good, though I haven't personally tried it.