D&S 290 GNR OCT parts query

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Chas Levin
NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

D&S 290 GNR OCT parts query

Post by Chas Levin »

Hello all, could anyone tell me please where these parts - from the D&S 290 kit of the GNR Open Carriage Truck - fit? The upper four are numbered 14, the lower smaller five have an etched number that's not fully imprinted, but looks like it might be 13 or 15. No mention in the instructions and I haven't yet managed to spot them on any photos of built kits or prototypes:
D&S 290 parts 2.jpg
Thanks for any suggestions :)

Chas
Chas
JASd17
LNER A3 4-6-2

Re: D&S 290 GNR OCT parts query

Post by JASd17 »

Number 14 - label clips.

Part 13 - 'lamp brackets'. I think I made my own, on the OCT and CCTs I have built.

John
JASd17
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by JASd17 »

The use of part 14 can be seen on this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13407&p=134541&hilit=CCT#p134541

John
Chas Levin
NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

Post by Chas Levin »

John, thank you so much! I really ought to have been able to guess the lamp brackets, but I looked and looked at the label clips and I don't think that would ever have occurred.

So presumably the label clips should be mounted towards each end of the sides, accessible for ready use? Where should the lamp brackets be though - I can't see them on your model or any prototype OCT pics...?

Chas
Chas
JASd17
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by JASd17 »

Chas the lamp brackets are on the headstock, low down to avoid fouling the end-loading. I note that neither Russ nor I have fitted them to our models, shocking modelling! There is a photo of Russ's model on the Lane Head Thread.
DSC_2514 low res v4.jpg
JH146%20resize v5.jpg
I trust the pictures help.

John
Chas Levin
NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

Post by Chas Levin »

Thank you once again John! :)
The pictures do indeed help, because of your excellent labelled arrows. I had of course seen Russ's model on your thread (though actually hadn't taken in that it was his) but although I took a second look at all those pictures I hadn't spotted the Label Clip, I think because I was expecting it to be near the end, like on the GNR CCT.
Likewise, I actually had the info in front of me about the lamp brackets but didn't realise it: after seeing where you indicated they are, I looked again at the end plan view in the kit instructions... and they are shown, I just hadn't realised what they were :roll:

So, all's well that ends well and I've just completed the label clips, lamp brackets, safety loops (correct term?), shackles and axle boxes - in fact, we're almost there! Thank you so much for your help, without which I'd still be scratching my head... :)
Chas