Parkside Horsebox kit PC83

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Graeme Leary
GNR C1 4-4-2

Parkside Horsebox kit PC83

Post by Graeme Leary »

I have just started assembling this kit but unable to track down any photos to use as a reference (from either the 2 Peter Tatlow books I have,
'Pictorial Record' or his 'LNER Wagons Vol 2 North Eastern Area'). It may well appear in other Tatlow volumes I unfortunately don't own, nor are they available in local libraries out here in the colonies.

There was an unidentified shot (of possibly the same diagram) on the HMRS website but the photo was not that clear and detail was obscured by the 'bar' that covered most of the photo when printing out.

Addlestone Models has a very good shot of a completed kit but an actual photograph to use as a reference and I would be very grateful if anyone has one they could post.

Graeme Leary
New Zealand.
drmditch

Re: Parkside Horsebox kit PC83

Post by drmditch »

If you look .....here.... you will see my construction, and links to other models and some useful pictures and drawings.

The relevant published work is the NPCS volume of 'Historic Carriage Drawings', by Mr Tatlow.
Some of the material that forum members supplied details (and in particular JASd17 .... here, and scroll down and the next page....that aren't shown there.
Graeme Leary
GNR C1 4-4-2

Re: Parkside Horsebox kit PC83

Post by Graeme Leary »

Many thanks drmditch, some very helpful stuff there and will acknowledge to JASd17 when we skype tomorrow (he had suggested that being a newcomer to kit building I work on some less tricky kits first, which I have reasonably successfully put together).

I only have the Nick Campling 'orange/yellow' book 'Historic Carriage Drawings Vol1 LNER and Constituents' which regrettably doesn't seem to the be the one you refer to. However, enough info in your posting and links to get me through the construction.

Graeme