New Kit Gresley BG 4mm kit

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

William Thorpe
GNR J52 0-6-0T

Re: New Kit Gresley BG 4mm kit

Post by William Thorpe »

many thanks for the responses
Dave
john coffin
LNER V2 2-6-2 'Green Arrow'

Post by john coffin »

Chris Bishop was a dedicated researcher, and if you are interested in tracking the vehicles made in the various diagrams up
to 1979, then it is a good source, but as Jas says it does not include diagrams or any real modelling particulars.

However, if you are interested in knowing more about where and when certain diagrams were used, they have some value.
Remember though that they were copied from paper and pen documents by someone using the same methods, most
of the work done before the introduction of the PC or the internet.

Also technically, last ECJS produced in 1934

Paul
bucoops
GNR J52 0-6-0T

Post by bucoops »

JASd17 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:55 pm
jwealleans wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:10 pm Mr. Smart is best placed to comment, but I've always seen them treated as incomplete but authoritative as far as they go.
Well one comment I can make is look here:

https://www.lnersociety.org.uk/publications/

They are available as digital copies only, rather than the printed copies Chris Bishop originally did, which I see are the ones you are looking at.

This series of Monographs is mostly only vehicles built by the LNER. There are some exceptions in the ECJS series.

They contain just details of the carriages, no plans or illustrations.

John
Good evening, when I enquired in June about the publications I was adivsed they are prints only, not available digitally - and not being posted at present.
Chas Levin
NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

Post by Chas Levin »

Thanks John and Jonathan for your replies about numbering and yes, I think you explained that very well :) .

I'll do a bit of background reading too...
Chas
JASd17
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by JASd17 »

bucoops wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:22 pm
jwealleans wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:10 pm Mr. Smart is best placed to comment, but I've always seen them treated as incomplete but authoritative as far as they go.

They are available as digital copies only, rather than the printed copies Chris Bishop originally did, which I see are the ones you are looking at.

This series of Monographs is mostly only vehicles built by the LNER. There are some exceptions in the ECJS series.

John
Good evening, when I enquired in June about the publications I was adivsed they are prints only, not available digitally - and not being posted at present.
Bucoops,

On the LNER Society website contacts page use the Publications Officer link:

publications@lnersociety.org.uk

I have spoken to the Publications Officer and he will be able to help you.

John
bucoops
GNR J52 0-6-0T

Post by bucoops »

JASd17 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:28 am
bucoops wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:22 pm

John
Bucoops,

On the LNER Society website contacts page use the Publications Officer link:

publications@lnersociety.org.uk

I have spoken to the Publications Officer and he will be able to help you.

John
Hi John, Apologies I've only just seen your reply - will do, thank you.

Richard