Coach transfers

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Sparky
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Coach transfers

Post by Sparky »

I am constructing a set of tourist coaches in 7mm scale, and am amazed that Fox transfers do not do this size. Freely available are the 5" high 3.2mm letters and numbers, but nothing in the larger format which appears to be about 9 or 10" high, about 6mm. Having telephoned Fox who are always my default shop for these, the lady informed that in 20 years, she had never been asked for them! To me, that is an astounding comment, but I have to beleive what she says.
Can anyone help please?
Regards,
Tony Sparks
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Coach transfers

Post by mick b »

I have done my 4mm version with these

https://hmrs.org.uk/transfers/lner-gold ... 50343.html

they also do them in 7mm
Sparky
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by Sparky »

Thank you for that. Much appreciated and will help complete the project.
Tony S
Graeme Leary
GNR C1 4-4-2

Post by Graeme Leary »

Wait until you're looking for the word 'KITCHEN' in the smaller 4mm (door) size if you ever decide to make the Restaurant Triplet' set - harder to find than the proverbial hen's teeth. I have spoken to and visited Fox's many a time and they would like to hear from more modellers to assess the demand and no doubt the same would apply to your 7mm tourist carriage.

Graeme Leary
New Zealand