RTR OO gauge models of NER passenger and freight locos

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Shane H-G
GNR J52 0-6-0T

RTR OO gauge models of NER passenger and freight locos

Post by Shane H-G »

Is there an easily accessible list of NER passenger and freight locos models that have been produced in RTR OO gauge - in either NER or LNER liveries? If not, could forum members please let me know the ones that they are aware of? Thanks
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: RTR OO gauge models of NER passenger and freight locos

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

Unless I've missed a minor manufacturer I think it's a very short list for former NER locos RTR, and they are all goods engines. J72 in old and new versions by Bachmann (and much earlier under the Mainline label), Q6 by Hornby, J27 and J26 fairly soon to be offered by Oxford Rail through Hattons.

There's supposed to be a G5 tank engine commissioned by TMC some time ago, which may still be about two years away - or more.

If you were hoping for something "typical" for a passenger service, such as a D20, an Atlantic, an exotic Raven Pacific or even a basic J21 then the only current options are to hand-build from a kit or from scratch, or buy a model hand-built by somebody else.
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
Hatfield Shed
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Hatfield Shed »

Not a locomotive, but there is something arriving fairly soon for NER passenger traffic, the petrol-electric railcar.
viewtopic.php?f=2&p=138473#p138473

The best that can be said of NER traction provision, is that it appears to be on the RTR manufacturer's radar at last.
Shane H-G
GNR J52 0-6-0T

Post by Shane H-G »

Thanks Atlantic 3279 and Hatfield Shed.
I have contacted TMC and they still intend to release the G5 - in the second quarter of 2022; more details at https://www.themodelcentre.com/searchanise/result?q=g5
You are right, not a long list - but good NER is now getting some interest.