Best RTR OO gauge Flying Scotsman corridor tender model

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Shane H-G
GNR J52 0-6-0T

Best RTR OO gauge Flying Scotsman corridor tender model

Post by Shane H-G »

Could forum members please let me know the 'best' RTR OO gauge Flying Scotsman corridor tender model to buy - and why in their opinion it is the best one. I am happy to hunt down a model now out of production.
Hatfield Shed
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Best RTR OO gauge Flying Scotsman corridor tender model

Post by Hatfield Shed »

But what do you mean by:
Shane H-G wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:00 pm ...Flying Scotsman corridor tender model...
To very coarsely subdivide what has been available, that description covers LNER service condition, and preservation conditions in BR and LNER liveries with single and double chimney, without and with Witte deflectors.

Only one manufacturer, Hornby. Their current main range model is the best that has been made available of Gresley A1 and A3 in RTR OO, though far from 'perfect'. (In my opinion, in terms of exterior appearance it was the tenders of this version that were most significantly improved over the previous versions, and with a competent loco drive instead of the former tender drive, makes it the comfortable pick over all previous versions and the current 'Railroad' version which uses the most recently superseded tooling.)
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

R2441 NRM A3 version in "LNER" preserved livery.
jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by jwealleans »

I'm with Mick. The NRM editions always seemed the best of the Hornby A3s and they can be had for sensible money if you take your time.
Shane H-G
GNR J52 0-6-0T

Post by Shane H-G »

Thanks for your advice. Will keep my eye for an NRM one.
Shane H-G
GNR J52 0-6-0T

Post by Shane H-G »

Thanks again - got a lovely example off eBay. Shane