Station Plans

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Warkster
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Station Plans

Post by Warkster »

Hi all,
This is the first time I have used a forum, and also a newbie at OO railway modelling! I am attempting to re-create a model of Sunilaws station on the now defunct Tweedmouth to Kelso branch line. Although the station house still exists, (as a private residence), I would like to know if it is possible to obtain drawings of the original, to scratch build from. Is it possible to obtain station plans, and if so where would I search?
Any help would be gratefully received.
Warkster :?:
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Station Plans

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

Try the website of National Library of Scotland for old edition large scale OS maps revealing the station layout. You can zoom in to get quite a lot of detail.

What you choose to do, or not to do, with the print-screen key on your computer is a matter for your conscience, with due regard for legal and ethical considerations.
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
drmditch

Post by drmditch »

One place to start..........here.....
Dave S
GNSR D40 4-4-0

Post by Dave S »

I'm currently in the process of moving to Kirk Yetholm, I did initially look at a couple of properties in nearby Wark and noted the location of Sunilaws. I've been making a mental note of the closed and abandoned stations and lines to visit and walk and that is on the list.
Warkster
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by Warkster »

Atlantic 3279 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:06 pm Try the website of National Library of Scotland for old edition large scale OS maps revealing the station layout. You can zoom in to get quite a lot of detail.

What you choose to do, or not to do, with the print-screen key on your computer is a matter for your conscience, with due regard for legal and ethical considerations.
Hi, thank you Atlantic 3279, I'll try the Library of Scotland as you suggest.
Warkster
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by Warkster »

drmditch wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:08 am One place to start..........here.....
Hi Thanks drmditch, I have used the Disused Stations website in my early research, it is very good. If all else fails, I will have to scratch build from some of the images like the ones on the DU website, plus from the remaining private residence.
Cheers
Warkster
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by Warkster »

Dave S wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:41 am I'm currently in the process of moving to Kirk Yetholm, I did initially look at a couple of properties in nearby Wark and noted the location of Sunilaws. I've been making a mental note of the closed and abandoned stations and lines to visit and walk and that is on the list.
Hi Dave, Thank you for the reply, I hope your move to KY goes smoothly, it's a lovely part of the world. Although disappearing, there are still some interesting bits of the old Tweed Valley line about, including the West Learmouth viaducts and the bits of Wark Station, and you can walk most of the route. Unfortunately the railway bridges at Wark and Cornhill, (which was Coldstream Station) have both been removed. There is a road-over bridge at Shidlaw which is worth a visit. There used to be a museum at Norham and the coaling building and station/signal box were preserved by the last owner. Since he died, sadly the site has gone over to a fully private residence at the moment.