Fox Transfers

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

NZRedBaron
H&BR Q10 0-8-0

Fox Transfers

Post by NZRedBaron »

So, I have something on my mind now; I was thinking to pick up a Hornby RR Flying Scotsman model, and then see if I can rename and renumber it into her sister 2552 Sansovino; but I'm unsure how I'd go about swapping out the nameplates. Anyone ever done anything like that?
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Fox Transfers

Post by mick b »

Glue the new plates on top of the originals,paint the original plates Black first. Much harder to change the number !!.
NZRedBaron
H&BR Q10 0-8-0

Post by NZRedBaron »

That simple, huh?

I seem to remember that many many years ago, I had a "Churchward County", followed by a "Saint" and later a D49 "Hunt" where the front face of the whole splasher could be pulled off along with the nameplate- this was back in the 90's I think. Does the RR "Scotsman" still have that?
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

The decent versions have pull off ones, no reason why the Railroad would be different.
NZRedBaron
H&BR Q10 0-8-0

Post by NZRedBaron »

I'll keep that in mind; also found something interesting last night- SDJR7F88 made a video back in 2018 where he used a Sharpie and some Humbrol paint thinners to cleanly remove the cabside numbers off of a Hornby Stanier 8F.

Apparently the process works just as well with Bachmann, Dapol, and Heljian models, it just needs a little more effort for Hornby's Tampographed numbers, letters and symbols.

It came from RMWeb originally, it seems- Original Thread here.