LNER Bulk Alumina hoppers

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

52D sub shed
LNER N2 0-6-2T

LNER Bulk Alumina hoppers

Post by 52D sub shed »

Hi all,

I wonder if we have any experts on these particular and quite rare wagons.
I am about to build a rake of Slaters 7mm kits and find parts for the conversion from 20 ton coal hoppers to bulk alumina are in the box but no instructions.
Should there be any and would anybody who has built these before care to share their experience?

cheers
Geoffrey
Robpulham
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: LNER Bulk Alumina hoppers

Post by Robpulham »

Hi Geoffrey,

I have built one, but to be honest I haven't completed it. I will dig it out and have a look to see what I did and any photos that I took along the way.

As I recall it, the modifications to the body were quite easy, it was fitting all the sections together to make up the top that I struggled with and I am pretty sure that I have the top together but it needs the walkways adding and the castings underneath.
Robpulham
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Robpulham »

Good Morning Geoffrey,

I dug it out and have taken some photos of progress to date.

I also added some strengthening strips to the inside - these aren't part of the kit.

I also have a scanned Pdf of the instructions so if you PM me your email address I will send you a copy.
52D sub shed
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Post by 52D sub shed »

Thank you very much Rob, I appreciate the help.
:D