LNER J45

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Bunkerbarge
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

LNER J45

Post by Bunkerbarge »

Removed.
Last edited by Bunkerbarge on Fri May 07, 2021 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bunkerbarge
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

Re: LNER J45

Post by Bunkerbarge »

I guess its not up to the standard required for here.
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

Why? No answers in 4 days? Can take longer for people to reply to questions. Or for the right person with a possible answer to see the question.
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

I did wonder if I've missed something that appeared briefly and was then removed...
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
Bunkerbarge
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

Post by Bunkerbarge »

What I find of particular interest here is that I put up a post, that does not actually contain any questions it was simply showing a project I had just completed, that I thought may be of interest to similar minded modellers here. In four days and almost 100 views not one member could be bothered to offer support, guidance, encouragement or simply just a comment to the original post. Fair enough it was obviously not of much interest.

When I removed it however within only a few hours there appear two comments, which would indicate very clearly to me that there are those who watch every posting very closely despite claiming that they may have missed something, and simply could not be bothered to post a comment.

As regards the time frame, perhaps I can draw attention to two posts a little further down the list, the first one titled, 'Destination Boards (1930s)' and the second one entitled 'GNR Atlantic Lettering/Numerals'. Both by very new members and both asking a very simple and straightforward question. Both have remained unanswered for over a month.

The reason I removed my original post was because I cannot help but feel that the handful of elitist, experienced experts on this forum seem to prefer to use it as a means of showcasing their own talents rather than taking any time to help or support anyone new to the hobby to improve their standards. I see frequently members falling over themselves to be seen to outdo each other on their in depth knowledge on the most detailed of subjects yet seem to offer nothing to newcomers to make them feel at least welcome.
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

Well I was busy with my own modelling projects and other aspects of life for the relevant 3 or 4 days, noticed the J45 topic-heading while looking for other things, found those, then forgot to look back to see what had been posted under the J45 heading - until, it seems, I was too late. I would not have come back to the J45 question at all if I'd had no interest, but as there's nothing here now on which to ponder or comment, there's not a lot I can do

I cannot answer every question as I do not know all of the answers, and I do not have time to answer all questions. Inevitably, some are also of more interest than others. As your comments remind me of the question about GNR Atlantic lettering, which I read around the time it first appeared but was not then able to answer, I'll now read it again if it is still there, and see if I have any new ideas. I certainly cannot help regarding destination boards - I know next to nothing about those.
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
john coffin
LNER V2 2-6-2 'Green Arrow'

Post by john coffin »

Throwing your toys out of the pram because you got no immediate gratification from others seems a somewhat
extreme position to take.

As an LNER forum, few people are likely to model much in the way of Diesels, so are not perhaps as interested as
you might be, but in my experience, this is a pretty broad church, and the categorisation of elitism is far off
the mark methinks.

Many others have offered details of their first work, and if there is no question, then how are we supposed to
judge your wishes or needs.

Everyone posting is likely to get criticism, but if you are not prepared to take such, then don't use forums,
or grow a pair.

Paul
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

john coffin wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 5:32 pm Throwing your toys out of the pram because you got no immediate gratification from others seems a somewhat
extreme position to take.

As an LNER forum, few people are likely to model much in the way of Diesels, so are not perhaps as interested as
you might be, but in my experience, this is a pretty broad church, and the categorisation of elitism is far off
the mark methinks.

Many others have offered details of their first work, and if there is no question, then how are we supposed to
judge your wishes or needs.

Everyone posting is likely to get criticism, but if you are not prepared to take such, then don't use forums,
or grow a pair.

Paul

Totally agree with above . This is not RM Web, were constant nonsense occurs , not here please.
Dave S
GNSR D40 4-4-0

Post by Dave S »

Bunkerbarge wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:58 am In four days and almost 100 views
I pop in here most days but don't have time to look at all subjects, consequently it can take a week to view everything. In this case I saw the title 'J45' but as I know nothing about them it would be a subject that I would come back to rather than primary interest.

I would say that of the '100 views' many would be by Google bots etc indexing for search terms.
Paul_sterling
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

Post by Paul_sterling »

My posts on LH&JC locos often go un-responded to, okay, it feels a little bit lonely from time to time, but the watch count is going up, people are looking, and its quite possible, people are happy, sitting back and enjoying the thread, without anything they want to say. Okay, sometimes a "very good" or "watching with interest" is inspirational, but its not making the thread any more informative.

Its not personal, things do get missed, but neither do I feel your thread was ignored.

as Dave_S rightly points out, the watch count could well be inflated by google bots.

Paul.
Mercator II
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by Mercator II »

I often 'read only' and occasionally offer up praise and/or admiration

If you want praise or critique, ask for it

When I've posted in the past, I am open about my abilities and what I'm aiming for, and if I need advise in a particular part, ask
oOo

Brian

Garage Hobbit!!
Modelling in 00 on my heritage line, very GCR inspired
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

I did see the J45, it looked OK, but how did you make it, a few pics of it being made/converted would have made it more interesting.

manna
EDGWARE GN, Steam in the Suburbs.