Ian Kirk Comp/third Quad Art kit instructions

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

pollyyoko
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Ian Kirk Comp/third Quad Art kit instructions

Post by pollyyoko »

I am looking for a photocopy /scan of the instructions for the above kit (no 8860B) I have had this kit for many years and it has finally come to the top of the to do list but unfortunately the instructions seemed to have 'disappeared' or most likely misplaced.
If any members could help I would be most appreciated and would refund any costs.
Thanks Allan
Phil Brighton
NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

Re: Ian Kirk Comp/third Quad Art kit instructions

Post by Phil Brighton »

Hi,

I have a very faded set of instructions that I think are generic to both the quad art kits. Its just a typed sheet and doesn't look that useful (I dont think i referred to them at any point!).

Happy to take a photo and send if you send a direct message with your email. Not sure how well it will come out as is pretty faded.

Far more useful is an article in railway modeller 1988 on building a set by Steve Banks.
croesnewydd
GNR J52 0-6-0T

Post by croesnewydd »

I have a Word document which has my building notes added to it, all I need is a PM and an email address
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by 4608 »

There is a comprehensive article on building LNER quad arts in Model Railway Journal 281. This also names a lot of source references for accurate information and is well worth a look. See also Steve Banks LNER website.
Norfolkman
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

Post by Norfolkman »

Hi, I'm builiding a Full Third set at present. I can scan the instructions if you still need them.
Also what's your vie won the roofs provided? I think they are horrendous. They don't fit properly and are far too wide and high. Anyone any ideas on better roof solutions?
jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by jwealleans »

The MJT extrusions from Dart Castings are the closest in shape.
Norfolkman
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

Post by Norfolkman »

Thanks Jwealleans I had looked at them, I needed confirmation that they'd do the job.
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by 4608 »

Here is an MJT roof on the Kirk Quad Arts. You will need to match the profile of the ends (Milliput and filing down) but otherwise straightforward. Of course, torpedo vents, rainstrip, and especially rainstrips over the doors (quite distinctive) also needed.
Attachments
Quad Art MJT Roof
Quad Art MJT Roof
LNER QUad Art set 91
LNER QUad Art set 91
nzpaul
LNER Thompson B1 4-6-0 'Antelope'

Post by nzpaul »

Phil and Croesnewydd, you can attach files directly to a pm using "attach files" to save exchanging emails addresses, if you want....you don't have to. :D

4608, that's a nice quadart set you've built.👍

Paul